GO!

My mom's American Eskimo pup is dominate over my Caviler pup?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Scooter

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 11:20pm PST 
Around September of last year I brought home my Caviler puppy, Scooter. He is now eight months old. With the loss of her dog a few weeks ago, my mom brought home an American Eskimo puppy, Snowy. The pups hit it off pretty well and love sleeping together.

I'm not sure if it's really a problem, but Snowy dominates Scooter. Scooter is so layed back I don't think he has it in him to be aggressive or be dominate. Snowy steals bones and treats right out of his mouth, and he just stares at her. During play she growls and pulls on his ears/tail and face. He has cried out like she hurt him a couple of times. He doesn't seem phased by it at all. Scooter really has nothing to grab on her but her coat.

I feel bad for Scooter. Still a baby and already a girl has him wrapped around her paw.

Scooter is just a lovebug, and wants everyone to love him. I've never had a dog before that doesn't seem to get jealous or even care .
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 11:41pm PST 
She isn't dominating him, she's being a rude, rambunctious PUPPY. That's really all there is to it. She needs to be taught proper canine social etiquette and needs to be told off by another dog for her behavior. She should not be allowed to be taking bones/treats/chews from your dog either - I would NEVER allow this and monitor my dogs closely when they have something such as a bone or treat so that one does not try to steal from the other to prevent future resource guarding from developing. You need to be stepping in and knowing when to draw the line between the pups to keep the peace. As puppies, they may like each other, but if this behavior continues into adulthood, your pup may very well decide he's tired of her behavior.
[notify]
Scooter

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 4:14am PST 
Thanks! I've never had two dog's so close in age before, so thought the behavior was normal for two puppies. I have a 5 year old poodle that puts Snowy in her place constantly. She won't let her get away with anything. If the pups get to rough playing my poodle growls and breaks them up. She will not let Snowy take anything from her, nor jump all over her if she does not want to play. Snowy gets pinned if she is to rough with my poodle.
[notify]

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 6:28am PST 
Yes, this behavior is normal for Puppies. But... normally, puppies would do this and the mother would stop undesired behavior putting her pups in line.

Well, you're the mother now.
[notify]