GO!

When to spay?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Hazel

Spoiled Little- Girl

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 11:35am PST 
When can I get Hazel spayed? She is a small dog, her full grown weight will most likely be at 10 lbs or under. She is only 12 weeks right now.
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 3:25pm PST 
Around six months old is considered a good age. A puppy has matured enough to tolerate anesthesia and it's before they reach sexual maturity. There are people who say not to spay. But spaying means they don't get periods, you don't have to worry about an accidental litter, it might protect against certain cancers and prolong their lives, it can also mellow their personalitysmile
[notify]
Hazel

Spoiled Little- Girl

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 11:13pm PST 
Thank You! Oh yes I will be getting her spayed as soon as as she ready. Hazel herself was in an accidental litter. I do not regret her of course, but I would not want her to have to go through that. Her Mom was not even a year old yet when Hazel was born. Also the added health benefits are worth it as well!

smile
[notify]