GO!

Puppy shih tzu size

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Bleu

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 8:21pm PST 
Hi guys! Im new to dogster so I apologize if im posting in the wrong area. But I have a 4 month old shih tzu his name us bleu and he is currently weighing 11.5lbs.... is this right for his age? Breeder said his mom was 14lbs and dad was 10lb. I checked with my vet to make sure he was the age I was told by the breeder and he is. He is my first shih tzu so im new to this. Thanks guys!
[notify]
Braxton- Flame

I be so cute I- not help myself!

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 1:33pm PST 
Hello there Bleu! You're a big boy. Most small breed puppies are only half their adult weight at 4 months old. Sometimes, breeders aren't honest about the size of their sires and dams in order to make their pups more desirable (like in Braxton's case). But, other times, there are fluke puppies that are larger or smaller than expected. We love Braxton all the same and call him our "Teddy Bear" sized Chihuahua. laugh out loud
[notify]
Remmy

I love Agility

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 1:11pm PST 
The last Shih Tzu I had was only just over 8 lbs. at four months and matured at 14 lbs. Sounds like your puppy is going to be a lot bigger. Did you have him weighed at the Vet so you have an accurate weight as over 11 lbs. seems awfully big.
[notify]

Bleu

Barked: Sat Feb 2, '13 8:00pm PST 
Hi there! I did have him weighted the vet. Now Im wondering if he is truly a pure breed Shih Tzu. I mean i think he is...
[notify]