GO!

my little bud fighting from parvovirus: 5th day

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Calamity- Jane

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 10:04am PST 
Prayers are coming your way. Hang in there!hug
[notify]
Brent

i get so many- cuddles :)

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 3:51am PST 
thanks for all your prayers, my bud and i couldnt thank you enough.big hug today is his 7th day, and he is showing some improvement. no more bloody poop and its starting to turn solid, he is being force fed some ID food, he is taking it in bit by bit the vet said, but since he is having hyper acidity he still vomits a little. after 6 days he licked my hand and i was really really happy happy dance he is sitting up now, the vet said he is fighting really well, he is a tough little fella, thats my boy way to go and if this continues, he will be out in a few days, we have spent thousands, but it doesnt really matter, we will do anything for him to be better. again guys thank you all so much for the thoughts and the prayers, it kept our spirit up and my wife and i cannot wait to have him at home soon. dog walkbig hug
[notify]
Lexi

i wiggle my- entire body

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 4:00am PST 
glad to hear he is doing better hughug hang in there little buddy
[notify]

Mary Jane- Chronic

Jack's Blessing

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 10:21pm PST 
Happy to hear Brent is feeling a little better. hug
[notify]
Brent

i get so many- cuddles :)

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 12:30am PST 
hooraay,dancingapplause brent is better and is ready for discharge tomorrow as what the vet said, he will still be on his meds.,we are just so happy right now, he is drinking and eating on his own, he is wiggling his tail, he is barking and scratching as usual, he is skinny and needs to catch up some of his weight. he is a little picky though, he doesnt eat his regular dog food, frown man i cant wait to have him at home smile thank you all so much for your prayers and thoughts hail
[notify]
Mishka &- Luna

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 4:07am PST 
SO glad to hear that your little doxie fought the parvo virus and had defeated it. Parvo is one of those viruses that is a killer to puppies especially if owners don't catch it in the nick of time. So thank you so much for paying attention to your puppy's actions. You saved your pup by paying attention to the symptoms and by getting a second opinion from another vet when the symptoms haven't stopped and had gotten worse. There is no cure for the parvo virus. How your puppy survived the puppy virus is the puppy's immunity system kicked in and was able to defeat the virus. Parvo causes puppies to become very dehydrated which is one of the main reasons why some puppies cannot seem to fight the virus. The vomiting and diarrhea causes the dehydration. Which is why when your pup was at the vets office, they had him hooked to the fluids 24/7 and in those fluids they add specific vitamins to help them along. Parvo causes the lining of the intestines to shed which is what the blood is in the diarrhea. Please remember to avoid dog parks and other public areas until your pup is fully healed as your dog will still shed the parvovirus for the next few weeks. Your pup is very lucky to have you and your wife in his life. And i'm sure he'll make an impact on yours. The good thing is now that he has over come the nasty puppy virus you will never ever have to worry about it again with him.
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 7:34am PST 
happy dancecheerpartydog walk
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 5:41pm PST 
happy dancewisheshughug
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 9:36am PST 
That's great news about Bud! Way to go! Hope you continue to feel good way to go

hughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 4:34pm PST 
How's Brent doing? Hope he's home now........hugparty
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3