GO!

My 4-week old husky pups smell & feel disgusting. Bathing suggestions?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 26)  
1  2  3  

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '13 5:18am PST 
BTW- are parasites present???
[notify]
Luna Tuna Coyote

Luuuuuuna- Tuuuuuuna

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '13 3:30pm PST 
Thanks for all the replies! I picked up tearless puppy shampoo from petco on the way home from work that day and washed them all. It seemed to be okay with them & they didn't mind the water.

They get dirty again quickly because they end up running & rolling into the potty area tackling each other. They play tug-of-war with the towels/paper that they pee&poo on even though I give them toys. Some even walk right onto their pee and lay down. I thought puppies didn't like soiling their sleep area? I would clean it up right away but there's times where I'm gone for 5+ hours at work and no one is home. Its only my mother and I living there and she's not there much except weekends.

I read that someone suggested putting bedding down for them, but I believe they would try chewing and swallowing it. They do that with everything else they can get their paws onto. It seems like every option they find a way to make it not work! lol But I do appreciate the help and I'll keep all your suggestions in mind smile Hopefully something will work.
[notify]
Mishka &- Luna

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '13 9:22pm PST 
the person who suggested putting bedding down is Toto and i believe he/she used to breed labs, french bulldogs, and i think their poodles. My friend who breeds bull terriers also puts some bedding in a plastic kiddie pool and puts an ex-pen around it. And when I raised my orphan puppies i put a shower curtain down in the ex pen so it was an easy clean up.
[notify]

Maggie

Maggie- can we please- just stay- indoors?

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '13 10:19pm PST 
I love the Tigi line- pet head. My little puppy gets really stinky too. We use the "no fears for tears" sensitive skin, hypo allergenic one. She loves it! It really gets her CLEAN without being harsh. They sell it all over the place and its in a blue bottle. I myself use Tigi shampoo (bed head) so I recommend them!!

Before I used that I used dawn as recommended by my vet. She got VERY dry and did not stay as fresh smelling as with the Tigi. Her skin got red and flaky under her white fur... frown
[notify]
Piglet

I'm a princess

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 11:33pm PST 
My vet recommended dawn for my puppies to help with flea control when they were 5 weeks old.
[notify]
Mayhem

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '13 7:31pm PST 
I've always used Johnson & Johnson head to toe baby wash. It's not 'soap' at all so it doesn't dry skin and is tear free. It also suds nice and is a whole lot cheaper than most dog shampoos. I used it on my dog when she was a pup and it's the only stuff I use on her now as an adult too. I bath her sometimes often so I like something that I know won't dry her skin or harsh enough to strip her natural oils out. Good luck with the pups!
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 26)  
1  2  3