GO!

10 week old Pup Vomits 24 hours after vaccines

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Leo

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 2:00pm PST 
Hey Dogster,

We had 10 week old Leo vaccinated with his 2nd lot of injections Tuesday afternoon. The vet also checked him all over and said he was 100% healthy. He was fine straight after and when we got home it seemed like nothing had happened. He ate his dinner and everything was normal and fine. Thursday morning about 3.30am Puppy woke and did this tiny, liquid clear vomit then just went back to sleep. He woke up again at 6.30am fine and ate all his breakfast at 7am.

Is this normal? Should I take him back to the vet?
He hasn't vomited before and didn't seemed fazed by it..?

Edited by author Mon Dec 17, '12 2:26pm PST

[notify]
Eduardo

Mr. Personality

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 6:58am PST 
Unless you want to risk autism in your puppy, I would stop vaccinating now! I am very much anti-vaccine. The only vaccine your dog ever needs is a rabies vaccine. Just one, and he is immune for life. Vaccines can dramatically change your dog’s behavior. Do not listen to your vet when it comes to vaccines! Most vets want to vaccinate a dog for rabies, parvovirus, distemper, adenovirus, parainfluenza, Leptospirosis, Coronavirus, hepatitis, Lyme, and Bordatella every single year! Some dogs can receive more than 100 vaccines in their lifetime! Does that really sound safe to you?

Edited by author Mon Dec 17, '12 2:25pm PST

[notify]
Leo

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 5:17pm PST 
Thank you for your opinion. He is fine now. We have not noticed any difference in his character and his intelligence is developing at the rate it should be for his age.
[notify]

Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 5:28pm PST 
Leo, pay no attention to that post above you. He was a made up dog by someone hoping to make waves in the Dogster Community. He has been discovered and is no longer a member.
Puppy vaccines are the most important... there are plenty of posts on here sadly relating how puppies became sick and died from NO vaccines.
Good luck with Leo!!!
[notify]

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '13 8:44pm PST 
Leo, I am so happy to know that your puppy is fine now.
[notify]
Leo

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '13 9:57pm PST 
Good to know. I thought it was strange as it seemed cruel to not give your dog a fighting chance against viruses. I would never not vaccinate my dogs. All 3 of them have had their shots and in Australia, not sure if they have it in the states, there is a yearly booster, which all our dogs receive. I did take Leo back to the vet after his little vomit and she couldn't find anything wrong. He is fine now.
[notify]