GO!

Kinda wanting some suggerstion

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Titan

Late Christmas- Baby

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '12 8:43am PST 
Okay I have posted a few times before but I'm needing a bit of help, advice, and a few suggestions.

See on top of being pregnant I have a nerve disorder where the brain sends signals of unbearable pain through out the limbs of my body called Neuropathy. It makes doing things on somedays with my pup very hard, and things like walking and feedings on these bad days can be painful. I don't live alone but Hubby goes to school so most of the time he isn't home. I know a dog walker can help keep pup happy with walks and feedings but I'm open to a few more suggestions and a few nudges in the right direction from anyone in the Portland OR area on how to go bout finding a good dog walker. We are getting pup fixed next month so suggestions on doggie daycare in the happy valley Portland area would be welcome too.

Edited by author Sat Dec 8, '12 6:50pm PST

[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Sun Dec 9, '12 10:38pm PST 
Have you tried any puzzle toys, buster cubes, raw marrow bones, or frozen/stuffed Kongs to keep him busy when you're sore and resting? These can be AWESOME in terms of value when it comes to keeping a rambunctious pup occupied when you're not up for handling them. I'm also pregnant, occasionally in pain due to my own medical issues, and have a puppy too, so I totally understand.

I hope others can give you some good suggestions for dog walkers and daycares though!
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon Dec 10, '12 5:13am PST 
I agree with Charlie,I am not pregnant but do suffer chronic pain. I do understand the hurting too badly to be able to play much or take a walk having 2 large dogs. Stuffed Kongs or other toys that require interaction can be very helpful in keeping busy and out of trouble.Daycares,dog walkers etc.. in my area will not take Akitas as clients,so thankfully I have my Dear One who does take them,and a fenced back yard where they can be safe and entertain each other daily for several hours. Good Luck on finding what you need.wishes

E.T.A.- Congratulations and Best Wishes on your upcoming new family members.hug
[notify]

Titan

Late Christmas- Baby

Barked: Mon Dec 10, '12 8:05pm PST 
I've got kongs and have been doing the freezing thing with pb, banannas ,apples, and a few other things that he can have that he likes along with the large ever lasting treat ball and they keep him busy for a while. I'm just worried bout him getting walks and stuff which is why I'm wanting to hire a dog walker for during the day a few times a week to take him out when I can't got with him and hubby is way too tired to walk him ( hubby has school from 8 in the am till 11pm sometimes at night.)
[notify]