GO!

Bringing Home a Special Needs Puppy

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2  

Barked: Tue Dec 4, '12 6:25pm PST 
Thanks so much for sharing that story. I'm going into this with a positive attitude, and the breeder assured me that had the vet thought that this was life threatening, she would have had him put down. I'm going to trust her judgment and the fact that she has said she will take him back if anything else comes up or if we feel that we can't handle him. She seems to genuinely have his best interest at heart and just wants to have him in a nice home where he will be well looked after. Her vet's number is listed on her website as well, so that helps. I'm feeling pretty confident about it. I will definitely be keeping track of his progress on here though. She sent more pictures today. I'll upload one so at the very least I'm not using the guest ID thing lol.
[notify]
Trooper

I'm such a- little trooper!

Barked: Tue Dec 4, '12 6:50pm PST 
I'm going to add a video of him onto his page that the breeder sent. I'll probably take more videos once he gets home to us. If anyone wants to check the video out, please feel free. He's the red pup.

EDIT: Or not. Computer won't cooperate. frown

Edited by author Tue Dec 4, '12 7:00pm PST

[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Wed Dec 5, '12 5:12pm PST 
He is soooo cute! welcome
[notify]

Jasper

High-flyin' Pup!

Barked: Wed Dec 5, '12 7:47pm PST 
He is darling, congratulations!
[notify]
Trooper

Barked: Wed Dec 5, '12 8:36pm PST 
I've added a couple more pictures from the ones the breeder sent onto Trooper's profile page. I would really like to thank everyone that has shared their stories thus far and their advice. I'm really looking forward to bringing him home next week, and I really appreciate everyone that has weighed in on this topic. I will definitely do my best to keep this thread and Trooper's profile updated with Trooper's journey and his progress and please continue to share your advice, stories, and other comments.
[notify]
Somerwynd- Tell Tail

Mr. Personality

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 7:06pm PST 
Have they looked into Wobblers for him? It's more common in larger breeds, but a possibility. I've known a few doberman breeders and this is unfortunately a problem they have encountered (its also common in certain horse lines). It can be hard to diagnose - really need an MRI in addition to x-rays. If this is the problem there are surgical remedies (sometimes).
[notify]
Trooper

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 6:44am PST 
We pick him up on Saturday and I am really excited. cheer

I can't wait to bring my little Trooper home and get him settled in.

Thank you to everyone who has offered support and suggestions thus far. I will keep everyone updated on his progress when I bring him home, but from what I know so far I think he is going to do just fine.
[notify]
Windy DeDog

\

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 6:04pm PST 
Good luck with little Trooper, he looks very cute! Keep us posted for sure. My rescue Min Pin has a heart mur. she tires easy some days but that's about it, you can't predict the future, just love and cherish them all you can for their whole life!
Windy DeDog gets great joy being a hospital Therapy Dog, I really think she relates to the heart patients she visits!
OH, and she made a Special Christmas video on YouTube for her foster sisters and brothers that have found their forever home. Here is her Christmas card!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76Dm6yOLQuE
[notify]
Trooper

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 7:46pm PST 
That's a lovely story. I'd really love to get him involved in some training and see how he does. We had a therapy dog come in and visit us when I was in the hospital and it was a lovely experience, so I always love to hear people's stories like that. I just can't wait to get Trooper home and start to spoil him rotten.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2