GO!

Puppy Bed

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 4:19am PST 
Hello Everyone,

How to choose the right bed for my 3 weeks old puppy?
[notify]
Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 9:45am PST 
why do you have a 3 week old puppy?
[notify]

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '12 5:18am PST 
because my puppies mother died soon after she had frown
[notify]

Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '12 10:00am PST 
I'm sorry for your loss. hughughughug

I don't have much advice, hopefully an other Dogster will be able to help shortly.

Edited by author Thu Nov 29, '12 10:05am PST

[notify]
Jethro

Design jewelry,- not dogs!!!

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '12 12:49pm PST 
I am currently raising an orphan puppy and he is turning 4 weeks old this weekend. He has been kept in a plastic container with a heating pad but has graduated to the bottom half of a fiberglass airline crate just today. I have a heating pad under it and a heat lamp over him and he has several towels to lie on. He is kept at 80 degrees round the clock, which helps with digestion and proper growth. If they get too cool they cannot digest well and can end up very sick.
I don't know what breed your baby is, but at three weeks they are barely walking and really do not need a "bed" per say, they mostly need a box or crate to confine them in and to make sure they don't get any drafts or chilled. Even this young, if you place newspapers or a puppy pee pad on one end they will begin to use that instead of going on their blanket.
I have just started Jethro on human baby cereal and baby strained meat, mixed with his Esbilac... he also still gets his Esbilac in the bottle every four hours. He will be started on ground raw dog food in a couple more weeks.
I wouldn't even consider a real bed until the pup was much older...puppies WILL pee/poop on their beds, and as he gets a bit older, he will chew it!
Good luck!
[notify]