GO!

Adult weight?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Lancer

Lickin your feet- all the time

Barked: Sun Nov 11, '12 1:36pm PST 
Introducing Lancer, our new male Miniature American Shepherd! cloud 9 He and Kityra are getting along VERY well already, and we just picked him up 2 days ago. Kitty ABSOLUTELY ADORES HIM. LOL very lucky cloud 9

I'm just curious what you guys think his adult weight/size will be- He's 8 weeks and 4 days old and MUCH bigger than Kityra was when she was that age...
He's 7.8 pounds and with paws bigger than Kityra's already!

The dam was 25 pounds and the sire was 28. o: He was the biggest of the litter... I almost named him Tank LOL

eheheh, anyway- just curious. :3 Would pups sometimes grow much faster at an earlier age, but still end up at around the same size as their littermates? Do you think he'll max to larger than the sire?

Edited by author Sun Nov 11, '12 1:37pm PST

[notify]
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Sun Nov 11, '12 2:35pm PST 
Ugh. shock Torture. I still have over a month to go.

But. Wow. That is pretty big. Its hard to tell at 8 weeks, you'll probably get a better estimate from his weight at 16 weeks.
I'm going to guess he'll be about the size of his sire though, 28lb give or take. smile

But yes pups grow at different rates depending on genetics, food/nutrients, whether they've been sick or not, etc.
Nare was 40-50lb at about 10 months old, very short too.. Like 22 inches. In a week he went up to 70lb and 26 inches! He went from kinda short and fat to this tall lean monster-thing. laugh out loud

I'll be waiting for more pics.
[notify]
Lancer

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '12 2:34am PST 
Nare, I saw your post about the puppies! Good luck! cloud 9

If Lancer would grow to the size of his sire, that would be great. smile Good to hear he's not an abnormally extra large one who will grow to the size of a standard LOL
[notify]

Cohen CD RE- ADC SGDC- FDCh CGN

The Monster

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '12 10:30am PST 
I think Cohen was about 9 lbs at that age, and she grew up to be 37 lbs (I keep her very slim) and about 19.5" at the whithers. She's a standard. My guess is he'll be 28-30 lbs, all told. But only time will tell... and how fit you keep him.
[notify]
Lancer

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 1:04am PST 
This is a bit off-topic, but what specific activities/sports promote healthy growth? That's to say, basic actions, like "running at high speeds after a tennis ball"? LOL. Or rough-housing and romping with another dog? (aka, Kitty)

So far, Lancer's exercise has been rough-housing with Kitty for 6 hours per day. It drains both of them wink
[notify]