GO!

And so it begins..

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 3 of 4: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  
ROSCOE

The World Is My- Playground

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '12 6:42pm PST 
Nothing cuter than a pile of puppiesbig grin

When I walk with my white sisfur and folks ask what our names are Momma just tells them day and nightlaugh out loud
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '12 7:37pm PST 
Oh my goodness, the cuteness!

I always liked the idea of either a white or a black and tan GSD myself. wink Perfect litter lol. I agree with Mulder too, I reckon that they could actually be purebred.

And the waiting game begins ...
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '12 7:47pm PST 
omgsh super cute!!!! cheer
[notify]

Miyu CGC

Bow down to the- Princess Brat!

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '12 8:23pm PST 
Hi Nare! Yup, Miyu is a white, adopted from our local White GSD rescue. Her papers say mixed, but I look at her and I look at the purebreds and the black and tans and truly can't tell much of a difference, or what she was mixed with. She's all GSD in my opinion, unlike our foster who also came in through the rescue. He looked like a white GSD in passing but in terms of temperament and other things... we're almost sure he's white husky/lab instead. He was a very different dog from her, in terms of behavior, temperament and build. I absolutely refused to believe he was a lab mix, until I saw a lab at agility and realized... that yeah, he likely had some lab in him. big laugh

I'm no expert, so it's a bit impossible to tell what they're mixed with... just that they look like Momma! Either way they'll be awesome, I'm sure! Just know the whites tend to be softer, and more mellow. The lady who leads the WGSD rescue here says that the black and tans drive her nuts. wink Drivier.

And Onyx, you absolutely should get a white. wink Though I think you'd find one a very different bag of beans than Onyx, who I'd imagine is probably really drivey in all his dark coated glory. Was he imported? I can't remember. Man, if you got a white though... what a pair!!!

Edited by author Mon Nov 12, '12 8:26pm PST

[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 12:31am PST 
Yeah, the whites are definitely typically much softer than Onyx, but I'm not sure how many high drive dogs I'd want at one time anyway, so it might actually be a good match. Onyx isn't imported, but he is German working lines.
[notify]
Tanqueray- Tonic

I kiss with my- teeth!

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 12:17am PST 
Awwwwwwwww cloud 9 So precious cloud 9
[notify]
Miyu CGC

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 9:56pm PST 
Onyx- I love the black GSDs. I don't know if I could handle a drivey working line dog though, so I'll be content to ogle him from over here. How is he to live with? How much do you work him right now?

Oh, and you should still get a white. Just cuz. XD
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Fri Nov 16, '12 1:57pm PST 
At minimum we do a 2-3 mile off lead hike every day, and as long as he gets that he's fine. If I don't exercise him at least that much, he's a bit of a pain. Not like, zooming around the house destroying stuff, but he will harass me by staring at me inches from my face like he's trying to communicate telekinetically that it's exercise time. I've never pushed my luck with two days in a row of insufficient exercise. Leashed walks do very little to tire him out, he needs to run, and exercise that doesn't work his mind doesn't have very lasting effects. He does have a good off switch though. He could keep going long after we stop, but as long as I take the edge off, he settles fine in the house.

Right now we're doing herding, agility, and obedience once a week, and a little bit of Mondioring. He especially loves the herding, and it's great because it really works his mind and body. Just got back from a three hour session and he's completely wiped out (although he would have kept going, we stopped because the goats were tired) If I ever do get a white, I'd probably look for a breeder who herds with their dogs so I could keep doing that because nothing makes Onyx happier and it's really neat to see him doing something so instinctual.

Edited by author Fri Nov 16, '12 2:13pm PST

[notify]
Miyu CGC

Barked: Sat Nov 17, '12 11:10pm PST 
I know what you mean about taking the edge off. She's got a really good off switch too, but you can tell when it starts to get pent up, and then it's like okaaaaaaay we need to go for a run.

I think our rescue is planning a herding day for us early next year, and I am SO excited. It really must be so cool to see Onyx doing his own thing, and how little they have to be taught to do it. What do classes for him look like? Miyu loves working, and I would love to see if that kicks into gear for her. If it does we'll get our herding instinct certificate.

We're currently getting our feet wet in agility but I really want to try nosework/tracking next. I can't seem to find much about clubs or classes though... I don't want to diversify too much, so agility will be our 'thing' for now. She really loves that too.
[notify]
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Sun Nov 18, '12 2:11am PST 
Lol Miyu. So lucky. Nare gets BORED of the same things. The last two weeks of 6 week classes hes just like "erm... can we do something else ?" We have some that overlap and constantly do drop ins. Wish I could have a dog that loved just one thing, instead of dabbling in many.

I'm going to see the pups on monday.. Oh, yes. I'll bring back LOTS of pictures.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 4: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4