GO!

Why would my puppy drink pee?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Sun

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 12:18am PST 
He ducks his head between his legs when he takes a pee and starts lapping it up! I try to discourage it, but half the time he races out into the yard so quick and I have another senior dog who is slow and needs help with the steps.
He was a poo eater too. That has mostly stopped, but now he is really into the taste of his pee for some reason. I have not heard of this before.. Is it common?

Aside from grossing me out, it's also annoying because he interrupts himself and sometimes when we come back inside he still has to go.

Oh and by the way he is not dying of thirst lol. He gets fresh water every day.

Edited by author Thu Nov 8, '12 12:22am PST

[notify]
Artemis- Entreri

Master Assassin!

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 9:14am PST 
Have you discussed this issue with a vet?
[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 11:27am PST 
I would ask your vet about it.
[notify]

Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 12:21pm PST 
You said he gets fresh water daily, but free access, or how much and how often. My mini poodles drink about two quarts of water a day and my lab puppy drinks almost a gallon.
I once knew a lab who drank her urine, turned out, she was only allowed one pint of water a day. When she was given free access she stopped trying to drink the urine.
[notify]