GO!

New puppy issues

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Bella

Barked: Wed Oct 10, '12 9:58pm PST 
1st vet visit today. The vet was great and made her feel so comfortable - lots of treats and pats. Bella even walked all over her keyboard laugh out loud

She weighs a mighty 2.9kg and had her 1st vaccination and worm tablet. She doesn't have a UTI, the vet said that she has a "pot belly" which is indicative of bad case of worms and whats happening is that due to the worms, she is eating more and because we have her on dry food, she has to drink more too. That combined with her not knowing that she is supposed to hold and go outside, means she pees a lot. Sounds reasonable.

She also managed to not pee in her crate or tear her blanket up when my partner and i had to go out for 2hrs today cheer She was really good, was fast asleep when we walked in the door. Lets see how tonight goes.
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 5:27am PST 
That's great! applauseapplauseway to goway to gohappy dancehappy dancehappy dance
[notify]
Rastas

Razzle Dazzle-

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 5:23pm PST 
The crate issue was an easy one for Rastas...she had her own when I rescued her from her previous owner through the breeder and was used to it. I could suggest however using the crate at any time during the day for short periods, start with a minute and work your way up. I think she cries because of loneliness and seperation anxiety, because she no longer has her 4-legged family sleeping with her or you (as you said she does during the day.) If you can recognize a sleeping schedule with her I would suggest after she gets used to being in the crate during the day for short periods of time- put the pup in when she's sleepy and hopefully she'll be too tired to notice where she falls asleep. With potty training, use puppy pads- they soak up the urine so if the pup does lay in it they won't get soaked from it and you can place one by your door to encourage them to associate going potty at the door where they eventually will know to go outside.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2