GO!

Ugh..a friend is looking to get a dog from a place I suspect is not the best place...

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 10:02pm PST 
Ophelia, I think you hit the nail on the head...wink
Pepper, very good point..thanks!! smile
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Mon Oct 8, '12 7:41pm PST 
I'd also point out to her that all over the website, is advertisement to get a person to buy a puppy - whereas, reputable breeders DO NOT feel the need to do so, in fact, most don't and won't sell a pup to someone who just wants a 'fuzzy, wuzzy' puppy. They have breed information all over their site, and various other informative things about their dogs and what they DO with them.

This site has all general information(practically none at all), and all advertisement and 'cute' pictures. It's all about advertising and meeting that 'want' for 'cute', 'fuzzy, wuzzy' puppies so that people will BUY.

If she's a lawyer, surely she knows what false advertising is all about and can find the loopholes - but granted, if she's not shown, and has never seen it in regards to dogs, perhaps she needs to be shown to know. wink

So far they have Bichon/Shih-tzu, Bichon/Toy Poodle/Shih-tzu, and Shih-tzu, Shih-tzu/Yorkies. Seriously? A reputable breeder will breed ONE, or TWO breeds - max. A reputable breeder focuses on a purebred dog, or on creating a new 'breed' through selective breeding. And... the 'quality, not quantity' crap they spew? BULL. Let's be honest - you can find on their website that they've had SEVERAL litters in a month. Keep in mind, quality breeders only breed their dogs once, MAYBE twice a year(only if it's two different females) and give their females breaks in between litters. And what does their religion have to do with their dogs and breeding?

Have you suggested she check out references NOT on the site(which will, naturally, only boast the 'best')? Also, you can always show her
[notify]
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Tue Oct 9, '12 2:09pm PST 
Shiver Me Timbers, thank you
I am telling her about looholes and letting her know there are some reviews on the internet saying this very site is not very good, to say the least..wink

So for now she has cooled on the whole aspect.
Hopefully once she sees more dogs on petfinder she will see not all are 'hopeless cases'..in fact, many many mannyy people have gotten dogs off petfinder and from rescues and say they are/were the best dog(s) they ever had!! way to go

I think once she sees how she will be 'helping' a pup and even saving a life will far outweigh some adorable puppy photos plastered all over some website..wink
(they ARE cute, but that is exactly what these "breeders" rely on...confused and to buy one just contributes the vicious cycle..)

I also showed her some stories on how some of these internet puppy purchases end up with huge medical bills and even result in death of the puppies, due to irresponsible breeding. frown
And there are far too many loopholes that will 'excuse' these 'breeders'...

So she is slowly seeing the light!! dancing
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2