GO!

Orphan Puppies **UPDATED PICS** 6 weeks old

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Mishka &- Luna

Barked: Wed Sep 19, '12 12:38pm PST 
Hello Everyone,

Cleo, Corona, and Ranger are now 6 weeks old. It seems that since they have opened their eyes and have been exploring the new world, the time that they are with me has been flying by. They had their first puppy wellness exam and first puppy vaccine yesterday. They are all healthy. My vet and the staff couldn't believe how much the puppies have grown in the past two weeks (i finished my externship 2 weeks ago which was the last time the staff and my vet saw the pups). Ranger and Cleo both weigh 8.75lbs (which i thought for cleo it was a mistake so we weighed her twice and it was accurate). And Corona weighs 7.5lbs. The whole staff were giving the puppies love and couldn't believe how flipping adorable they are. happy dance I also had brought fecal samples for them and got the results today. They all are negative for worms and other parasites. They were dewormed when they were a week and a half so I wasn't really concerned that they had parasites since they were only with the mother for a day and a half.

They all have homes and will be going to their new homes the first week of October. Ranger's new family came by to my house on Sunday to visit their new family member. Ranger is a birthday present to their little boy who will be 11 years old on October 21st. When the little boy sat down in the grass, Ranger walked right over to him and laid by him. It seems they have instantly connected and bonded. It amazed me that the little boy had done a lot of research on Labradors. Now if a little boy can do their research before actually owning a type of breed why can't adults do that? The whole family absolutely fell in love with the bundle of joy.

Here's the updated pics everyone has been waiting for.

Ranger - 6 weeks old

Ranger

Ranger

Corona - 6 weeks old

Corona

Corona

Corona & Luna

Cleo - 6 weeks old

Cleo

Cleo

Cleo

The boys
[notify]
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Wed Sep 19, '12 1:36pm PST 
Those faces!!!
big hug big hug big hug

you done good!! cloud 9
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Wed Sep 19, '12 5:20pm PST 
Absolutely WONDERFUL !!

You have done a super job.

Credit to the parents and the little boy... only goes to show what real caring produces... responsible considerate kids....

Cleo still has my heart !
[notify]

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Wed Sep 19, '12 5:22pm PST 
big hugbig hugbig hug How Sweet. You have done a wonderful job and a truly amazing thing.way to go
Thank-you for helping them,they wouldn't be so healthy and adorable if not for your efforts.hugwishes Congratulations on finishing your externship and Good Luck in finding a job you enjoy.hughughugwishes
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Wed Sep 19, '12 6:28pm PST 
OMD!!! Puppy cuteness!

Cleo is a doll. I want her.
You did a great job. And a good thing.
When I was conducting my failed experiment as a breeder(I wanted to keep them all) I sold a pup for half price to a 12 year old girl who had been saving for 2 YEARS! She was $100 short so I cut the price in half, and let her keep some of her money. She had volunteered in a kennel and attended puppy classes with a friend so she could learn more. I was dumbfounded. Children are amazing.
[notify]
Mishka &- Luna

Barked: Wed Sep 19, '12 6:52pm PST 
And to kids who truly love animals as much as I did as a kid will do anything to have their first pet whether its a dog, cat, rat, rabbit, ferret etc. Cleo is my favorite and she is such a sweetie. She's getting attached to me (which is not good for me since I want to keep her frown). She follows me everywhere I go when the pups are roaming outside the exercise pen. She too is going to a good home. The new family for cleo is coming to meet her on Saturday. They have 3 fixed male pugs. She is going to be a little terror of that family BOLblue dog For my first time raising orphaned puppies, it has turned out to be a great success!!! Thank you everyone for your help and support.

Sabi - what do you mean your failed experiment for breeding? What happened? Btw sweet story about giving a little girl a puppy for half price. It touches my heart when I stories like that.

M&K - I had a interview yesterday for an amazing hospital and tomorrow I go in for a working interview for the same hospital i was interviewed at. Its a gorgeous hospital if you ask me. So everyone keep your paws crossed that I do well and get this job.

I will miss them all. I guess this is the hard part about raising puppies. You get attached to them by raising them and before you know it you have to find homes for them and learn how to detach yourself from them.

I hope you all enjoyed the pictures
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Wed Sep 19, '12 7:21pm PST 
Lunalaugh out loudI guess that sounds bad. Under the supervision of a mentor I tried breeding dogs. I was a miserable failure. I blew off work to stay home with the pups, I never thought anyone was a good enough home, and I would cry for hours everytime a puppy left. After 2 litters I said no more. It had gotten to the point were I was an emotional wreck by the time people arrived to get them, I could barely speak.
I'm still bad with the pups I raise, not as bad with the adults. But usually I send them to someone else for the actually process. She just picks them up, gives me a hug and leaves. When Senora went I couldn't stop crying and when Dawn was picked up I almost told them to go away. laugh out loud I also failed at selling horses. I just suck.red face
[notify]
Mishka &- Luna

Barked: Wed Sep 19, '12 8:46pm PST 
You don't suck sabi you just have trouble with detaching yourself from things that are so innocent and bring smiles to your face. When it comes to horses i have a arabian/tennessee walker cross and she's a leopard blue roan and a stallion pure bred friesian. My friesian is my stud. I guess with the horses i get the better half of the deal cuz i don't get to see the colts and fillies get new homes. I just love baby horses.
[notify]
Tiaki CGC- SD

I am a Pringles- pilfering pup!!

Barked: Wed Sep 19, '12 8:57pm PST 
OMD I just fell in LOVE!!! Cleo is sooooooooo cute!!
[notify]
Theodore aka- Teddy - **CGC**

Big Head. Big- Heart.

Barked: Wed Sep 19, '12 10:21pm PST 
CLEO!!!!!cloud 9cloud 9cloud 9
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2