GO!

**UPDATE** on the orphan puppies! (pics included)

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Mishka &- Luna

Barked: Fri Sep 7, '12 5:23am PST 
Hello there everyone. Just thought I would let you know that the 3 surviving puppies are doing well. They are 4 weeks and 4 days old today. The time has definitely flown by. My household has gotten even more entertaining now that they are walking, playing with each other, and now learning to run. Mishka has lost interest with them now that they are older. But Luna on the other hand still plays with them. They all like to gang up on her. Its rather entertaining to watch. Surprisingly Luna is very gentle with them even though she is a puppy herself. Happy to say that the lighter male corona is going with a friend of mine. So i'm glad to be able to see at least one puppy grow up smile (it was not easy to take these photos as all the puppies were full of energy at the time) I know they are lab mixes but can't tell with what. The little black female has pretty brindling markings on her legs and face.

So here are the updated pics everyone has been waiting for.

Cleo 4 weeks old

Corona 4 weeks old

Ranger 4 weeks old
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Fri Sep 7, '12 6:35am PST 
Way too cute.

You did a great thing and its nice that you can watch one grow up anyway. If you haven't already you should start looking for potential homes for them. Screening people and finding the right homes can take a long time.
Try not to cry too much.hug
[notify]
Mishka &- Luna

Barked: Fri Sep 7, '12 7:27am PST 
Thanks Sabi. They grow up so fast frown I'm also going to make a contract stating if the new owner can no longer keep or take care of the dog, to please return the dog back to me. I plan on doing an extensive interview with potential owners and I'm thinking about doing home checks to make sure the puppies are going to a good home. Any guesses on the breeds they are mixed with. The mother was a Labrador so I know that much
[notify]

Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Fri Sep 7, '12 8:32am PST 
I suck at breed guesses. and right now they are just cute.
I always do home checks, and all the dogs need to come back for rehoming if needed. Anyone who honestly cares about the dogs shouldn't flinch at signing anything like that. I also do follow ups and ask for updates.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Sep 7, '12 8:38am PST 
Thank-you so much for the update. The puppies are adorable.kissing I have no clue what they are mixed with,they just look like labs to me. Sabi did give excellent advice and I know that you already had some of those ideas before.
hug for all you have done for them,you are an little angel wisheson finding them the wonderful homes they deserve.
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Fri Sep 7, '12 8:42am PST 
OMG! Adorableness at it's finest! cloud 9cloud 9 You really should give yourself kudos for doing a great job. When I placed pups/dogs from my rescue I made sure they understood the line that stated if for ANY reason you must get rid of the dog to return it to me and not give the dog away. Luckily I placed all of the pups/dogs in amazing homes. It's been years since I closed the rescue and I still stay in touch with my forever homes! way to goway to go Thanks for the aww moment of my day! cheercheer
[notify]
Rocky *CGC*- With the- angels.

Gone but never,- ever forgotten- xxx

Barked: Fri Sep 7, '12 8:48am PST 
Oh my gosh! They are so adorable... I want Ranger!

Would you ship him to The UK? Lol.

Thanks for the update and big hugs to you for doing an amazing thing by giving them a chance and well done for doing such an awesome job hug

They are gorgeous!
[notify]
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Fri Sep 7, '12 8:59am PST 
Awwww, they are beautiful!! snoopy
Thank goodness for people like you, these little ones had a second chance..

Too cute to hear about them and Luna playing together..blue dog

As someone else mentioned, at least you will be able to watch one grow up. How very sweet. cloud 9
[notify]
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Fri Sep 7, '12 9:04am PST 
Forgot to add, was too mesmerized by their cuteness, but I totally know what you mean about trying to take wee little puppy pictures. They move about so dang fast, it is hard to catch a cute moment!! snoopy

My fellow dog lover said it best, you end up taking like100 pictures for maybe one that actually shows up decent where they are not zooming about and actually somewhat looking at the camera..big laugh

How rewarding this experience must be for you!! cheer
Puppyhood does fly by, doesn't it...?? smile
[notify]
Mishka &- Luna

Barked: Fri Sep 7, '12 9:26am PST 
Thank you everyone. I would ship ranger to you but that's an awfully long trip for a puppy. Just watching the puppies learning how to run and play with the toys brings a smile to my face. This whole experience has been very rewarding for me.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3