GO!

Introducing Allie! (And the not-so-good news)

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 4: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Thu Aug 30, '12 2:25pm PST 
Welcome to dogster Allie, and condogs on rescuing her. smile

I'm so sorry she has parvo, but it does sound like she will survive it. My friend recently adopted a Belgian Mal, and he is a Parvo survivor, so I am hopefully that Allie will make it through this. smile
[notify]
Niki

Barked: Thu Aug 30, '12 2:58pm PST 
Sorry you are going through this awful situation and poor Allie!

This is the reality of what can happen when you buy a dog from backyard breeders ... and it unfortunately will continue to perpetuate the cycle!
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Thu Aug 30, '12 4:13pm PST 
I used the word RESCUE rather loosely.... and the heavens only know I should know... having RESCUED legitimately on several occasions......

**Slaps hand and notes to choose my word better next time**

Unless I missed it... I didnt see the OP stating money changed hands

And yes of course it was a BYB and I am SURE the OP wont be doing that again.. as we know it perpetuates the cycle.Some folk learn that the sad way as in this case.

Apart from that...........

Hoping Allie is doing alot better

Edited by author Thu Aug 30, '12 4:19pm PST

[notify]

Twister

Love me.

Barked: Thu Aug 30, '12 4:25pm PST 
At any rate, I'm glad that Allie is now with owners who are going to give her the love and care she deserves.hug Hopefully something can be done to keep those people from breeding their Boxers again, or at the very least educate them so that they properly care for them. Would filing a complaint with either the police or animal control work with something like this? thinking
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Thu Aug 30, '12 6:22pm PST 
Get well soon...hughughughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Kali

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '12 4:16am PST 
How's Allie today?
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '12 1:01pm PST 
This sounds like yet another shady back yard breeder that doesn't know the first thing about how to produce a well-bred, healthy litter. Parvo is quite easy to prevent with BASIC vaccinations that every litter should have. In other words it is bordering on outright neglect for them to sell a pup that hasn't at least had the round of parvo shots or basic deworming.

This pup is also likely to suffer from some genetically inheritable diseases because breeders like that don't health test the sire and dam of their litters. Plus a host of communicable diseases like parvo. Good grief she hadn't even been properly dewormed. I would go after these BYBers or puppy millers with your states puppy lemon law in my hands, if your state has one, that is.

Ugh breeders like that make me sick. Good luck.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '12 2:32pm PST 
Sadly the laws are about toothless in many States. And no one has the money to police them.

So much of that was cleaned up in the UK... took time.. and was policed... not saying there isnt still some... but its SO much better now. Likewise for strays... I have NEVER seen so many strays since I came to America.

Educating folk is so very important. If you can get a "grass roots" knowledge working... you can do more than most laws.

Hoping Allie is doing better.... the OP hasnt been back.

hughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Kali

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '12 5:02pm PST 
I hope she's ok. No follow up posting today.
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Sat Sep 1, '12 8:32am PST 
welcomeAllie! You're in good hands little girl. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers...
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 4: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4