GO!

Would either of these be good for my dog...?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Mon Aug 20, '12 9:09pm PST 
Okay, Frankie is a very outgoing, very social dog. Oftentimes he gets very easily overly excited. He is one year old and his agility seems like it could be something great to work with. My agilty, on the other hand, leaves a lot to be desired..red face

At any rate, I am considering going to one of these events, and wondered which one would be more beneficial, if in any way. If nothing else, I am sure we will have fun!! smile

Just tryng to decide which might be the better choice...?

It looks like a lot of fun, but the stuff looks overwhelming to this first-time doggie mama..

http://www.butlerdogtraining.com/PDF/2012/BDTA%20DOGGIE%20 FUN%20DAY%202012%208x10.pdf

Then there is a local humane society that is hosting a puppy plunge event. Not sure what this one entails, this is all the info on their site-

Join us for the Annual Puppy Plunge at the Butler Country Club on September 8 from 11-2pm!

Great food from the country club, a Chinese auction, tons of fun for the pups and all proceeds benefit the homeless animals at the shelter!

Tickets are $25 - pick yours up at the door or at the shelter.

I am leaning towards the latter, but not sure how much fun it will be for the pups...? I need to call them tomorrow and find out what all it entails..One has too much info and the other one not enough..lol

Has anyone's local shelter done a puppy plunge or know what it is...?

I'd love to check out both, but it won't be do-able..

I am just so baffled on the first event...
that one looks like it might be a little overwhelming...? maybe not..

Thoughts....?
[notify]
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Sat Sep 8, '12 11:12am PST 
Well I missed the puppy plunge today, which was okay, as the weather was utterly crappy today..still debating the one tomorrow..did not realize the link(s) were not working..maybe this link will work...?
It is the event on Sunday September 9th and there is a pdf flier that can pull up, it looks intersting, but a little overwhelming...not sure which activities we might do well with..(if any..??)

http://www.butlerdogtraining.com/Club Events2012.htm

thanks for any advice! smile

Edited by author Sat Sep 8, '12 11:12am PST

[notify]
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Sat Sep 8, '12 1:22pm PST 
Hi Frankie! I personally think it would be great fun! Me and Nare went to an event earlier this year-- called PetPalooza, and there was an estimated 8,000 dogs!

We hung out in the parking lot and watched a lot of people go in, I too thought Nare would be overwhelmed or such, so I watched for signs. He took about 5 minutes to settle in the parking lot then we made our way in and joined the crowd. Things were a little hectic for the first 15 minutes, every dog we went by (and there was a LOT) would stick their nose up his butt and scare him, so he'd sit down and look at me utterly confused.. But as soon as we started hitting booths and meeting people with lots of yummy treats he brightened up! We stayed for quite a long time.. Like 4 or 5 hours lol! But he handled it all like a champ.

The link still doesn't work, I went to their website and located it myself. It looks like fun and you could always just hang out in the parking lot and just socialize there. If things don't work out you could always hit up a near by park so the drive wasn't "for nothing".
[notify]

Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Sun Sep 9, '12 3:45pm PST 
Wow, Nare, that Petpalooza sounds like it was a blast!!
Wow, 8,000 dogs..holy moly!!

We ended up not going because we mainly wanted to do/check out the agility stuff and that all started at 8 am, so we missed that. We ended up not going..but I am definitely going to keep my eyes peeled for future events..sometimes you never know..wink

Thanks for sharing your personal experience..that was very cool!! way to go
[notify]