GO!

Teacup / "Imperial" dogs pregnant..wow, what a sad sight!!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
Mishka &- Luna

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 2:29am PST 
Like M&K said there is no such thing as an "Imperial" shih tzu. They give it a cutsy or rich sounding name to get ppl to believe that the puppies are rare and accept that the puppies are being over priced. They are trying to sell these puppies in my area for $1500 or more. Which in my eyes is ridiculous especially if the dogs aren't registered, health tested and health guaranteed, and have champion or solid healthy blood lines. Most of these ppl who are putting their pups as Imperial shih tzus are probably most likely puppy mill breeders. An average weight for shih tzus are 9 - 16lbs. Ppl who are breeding these "Imperial" shih tzus are breeding specifically for small size around 5 - 6lbs. When you purposely breed for small size you are welcoming health problems with open arms. Luxating patellas, heart problems, breathing problems, extremity injuries, eye problems and there's more are common in dogs that are being bred for small size. It is ridiculous. So not only are ppl willingly buying these pups for a lot of money but in the future they will be putting in more money just for medical problems. It is sad just to see these dogs being bred for profit and not to better the breed.
[notify]
Eduardo

Mr. Personality

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 7:03am PST 
Teacups do exist. Breeding them doesn’t make somebody a puppy mill. They are just a smaller variety of dog. If you did the research yourself and didn’t buy into all the propaganda, you would know that Teacup Poodles are a variety/breed of Poodle. Many, many breeds have been bred smaller over generations. Why is it all of the sudden a bad thing? Should people stop breeding Chihuahuas because they are small? Find a real cause to bellyache over!
[notify]
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 8:21am PST 
If you did the research yourself and didn’t buy into all the propaganda, you would know that Teacup Poodles are a variety/breed of Poodle.

Nope. There's Standard, Miniature, and Toy. Not teacup. Maybe people who breed "teacup poodles" try to convince people of that but, it's not true.

Many, many breeds have been bred smaller over generations. Why is it all of the sudden a bad thing?

Small and so small they have horrible health problems as a result are two different things.

Should people stop breeding Chihuahuas because they are small?

No, but purpose-breeding dogs that weigh 1lb, yes.
[notify]

Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 12:17pm PST 
Kolbe way to go
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 12:34pm PST 
"If you did the research yourself and didn’t buy into all the propaganda, you would know that Teacup Poodles are a variety/breed of Poodle."
Edwardo, maybe YOU need to do some research... you are spouting an awfully lot of "facts" with no sources listed, and most of them have no FACT to back them.
I am a breeder/exhibitor of champion poodles, and trust me, there is no such breed as a TEACUP poodle. As Kolbe pointed out, there are three varieties, toy, miniature and standard. Teacup is an advertising ploy to suck in uneducated buyers and you are doing a terrible injustice to the poodle breed as a whole by buying into the myth and propagating it.
Perhaps do a bit more research and list some sources for your proclamations, if there are any! "They say" and "It has been proven", mean absolutely nothing UNLESS the source is listed concerning who THEY are and/or what sort of studies carried out the testing to come up with the proof.
Awe, darn it, I forgot it was Friday!!!
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 1:50pm PST 
'Awe, darn it, I forgot it was Friday!!!'

laugh out loud
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2