GO!

Introducing Bebe - any ideas on her mix?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Bebe

Barked: Sat Jul 21, '12 11:13am PST 
Bebe is a golden retreiver cross... but we cant figure out who her dad might have been. He managed to make 11 almost entirely black puppies thou. Any idea?

She has a small white spot on her chin, a small white blaze on her chest and a white toe on each of her back feet. Her black fur is longer than her lighter colored fur and her undercoat is a medium tan. She has a sort of bridle/tiger stripe pattern to the lighter fur on her back.

Bebe

Bebe

Bebe

Bebe
[notify]
Pepper

Got food? I- can be bought ya- know....

Barked: Sun Jul 22, '12 9:59am PST 
She's a cute little bundle of fluff!smile

But far too young to show any adult characteristics to make any guesses at all.
I hate to quote my Dad, but as he says, "All babies look alike."
Not really, but most puppies do look similar with the exception of very distinctive breeds. At this point Bebe could be mixed with anything from Newfoundland to Pomeranian.

Pepper was a tiny 9 pound puppy listed as a Border Collie mix. We did get an acurate DNA test by having the Vet take the samples for a Mars Wisdom Panel. She is Shepherd/Chow/Golden Retriever mix. At 8 weeks old she didn't look it, at 3.5 years I can easily see all 3 breeds.

If you check out Pepper's brother, Sonny, he is 1/2 Golden, 1/2 Beagle. Between the two dogs I figure I have 3/4 of a Golden Retriever. BOL! laugh out loud

By 6 or 8 months enough of her adult size and appearance will be fixed. Then post information on weight, height at withers, Personality, behaviors. And post photos of her from different angles showing all parts of her body, face, feet, etc.

By then you may have a better idea of your own what she is mixed with.

Enjoy your new baby. smilewelcome
[notify]
Bebe

Barked: Tue Aug 21, '12 8:08pm PST 
Thats basically what everyone says.... but I want to know now!! LOL

Its actually more so I can try to gage how much food to feed her and to figure out what her adult size might be. She is almost 12 weeks and is 16lbs. She is approx 20" from shoulder to base of tail and 15" from shoulder to the ground.

She has such an odd coloring. She has almost a tiger stripe/brindle pattern to her undercoat and extra long black guard hairs. She also has a few white spots (under chin and on rear toes) as a very thin white blaze down her chest.
[notify]

Natasha - 美花- ~Beautiful- Flower~

Let's play tag!- You're it!

Barked: Wed Aug 22, '12 12:15am PST 
I'm not very sure, but she looks shepherdy to me, and with the brindling...thinking Do you know how common Dutch Shepherds are in your area? It's probably not even a remote possibility though. More than likely dad was a lab type mix. thinking

She's very cute and I know the feeling of wanting to know the mix now! wink
[notify]
Rocky *CGC*- With the- angels.

Gone but never,- ever forgotten- xxx

Barked: Wed Aug 22, '12 3:28am PST 
There's really no way to tell right now... Sorry.

My friend had a puppy that looked exactly the same as Bebe... The vet thought she was GSD crossed with a Rottie. We all expected her to get huge! She was even named Megatron lol.

Well, Megatron is now one years old and weighs about 20 pounds lol...

She is smaller than a Beagle, I'd say more the size of a slightly large terrier... That is a perfect example of trying to guess a puppy's breed... I'm not going to lie, we were all a bit disappointed, in a funny way lol. She still thinks she's a Rottie puppy

I think the only way you can gage whether or not she will be a big dog, is the size of her paws... If they're in proportion to the rest of her body right now, she probably won't be very big. If she looks like she has to grow into them... She'll be a bigger girl puppy

She sure is gorgeous!

Edited by author Wed Aug 22, '12 3:32am PST

[notify]
Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Mon Aug 27, '12 10:28pm PST 
SUPER CUTE!cloud 9

At this age, very hard to tell. You'll be able to get a much better idea when she's older, and if you can see any of her littermates when they're older as well.

From what I can see, maybe Retriever/GSD/Rottie? She's got some size to her from the measurements and age you posted.

I'd love to see some updated pictures of her as she grows. What a pretty girl!
[notify]
Milo

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 2:09am PST 
She's gorgeous! Maybe her dads a border collie? I've seen Golden retrievers/border collie pups that look similar to Bebe!! or maybe a new found land, it all depends on how tall she grows and her characteristics of both breeds, i bet she'll be absolutely beautiful when she grows up!!

Hopefully when shes older you'll be able to tell! smile
[notify]
Arlo

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 7:19am PST 
She is such a cutie! my first thoughts from the first picture was GSD. My aunt has a shiloh shepard puppy thats all black and she looks very similar. My puppy was 20lbs at 12 weeks and right now at almost 8 months hes almost 60lbs just to give you a rough gage since there weight is very similiar. Definately post more pictures of her as she gets older as it will be easier to see more of her breeds.way to go
[notify]
ROSCOE

The World Is My- Playground

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 10:00am PST 
he sure is a cutie! I would say she has some German Shepherd in her. She has the fur texture of a young GS
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 12:42pm PST 
maybe some german shepherd because of the black and tan but that could be anything. Hmm no other ideas other than that, but she is sure is super cute!!!welcome
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2