GO!

Crating a new puppy (Alone time for mommy)

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Tokyo

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '12 2:39am PST 
Hello today I brought home my 8 week old boy from the airport.
He doesnt want to do anything except snuggle into my arms and sleep. (CUTE AND ADORABLE BTW)
When I put him in his bed he just gets out and comes sees what Im doing but I know that he needs to sleep because hes had a long day.

Ive read that it causes anxiety to just place the puppy in the crate without letting him go in on his own.
But at this point he wont even go onto the floor on his own, much less into a crate.

Should I just place him in his crate and shut the door? I know he will go to sleep eventually but I really dont want to stress the poor little guy ouy

Thanks
[notify]
Jack ~May- '12 - Jul '12~

Live like- there's no- tomorrow

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '12 4:42am PST 
Honestly, if you just brought him home then I wouldn't try to make him sleep. He wants to be near you...he did have a long day, and just wants to settle in with his new family. I'd just let him take everything in at first and not try to force it.
[notify]
Tokyo

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '12 7:45am PST 
he just sleeps when he is on me anyway though and ive been cuddling him for 12 hours straight already (give or take )
[notify]

Ranger

Pay attention to- me!

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '12 7:50am PST 
We lured my pup into the crate with a treat and gave it to him, then closed the door. He would whine and howl (so cute). We put a stuffed animal in there to comfort him and he would eventually fall asleep.

After a month, he loves his crate now.
[notify]
Angel

Tuff Enuff!

Barked: Wed Jul 11, '12 12:53pm PST 
Ah okay. Well I would suggest what the person above stated, also. It has worked with Angel and seems to be working with Jack.
[notify]
Ranger

Pay attention to- me!

Barked: Wed Jul 11, '12 1:21pm PST 
Here's the funny part now - if I even go near the bag of cookies, Ranger literally launches into his cage and sits there waiting for it! So cute!
[notify]