GO!

Big Bangs and the 4th or the July! Yikes!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Jul 5, '12 6:23am PST 
Keeva we had heard the same types of horror stories as well and some dogs are very sensitive to loud noises and do panic. I just made my recommendation based on the fact that mine love to be with us and know that they are safe as long as we are there. We did the same thing raising our human children,when they were learning to walk and fell we did not over react and make a fuss,so unless they were really hurt they did not cry,they just got up and tried again,knowing that dogs often react to the panic of people around them,we chose not to make a big deal of new and even very loud noises and our pups never had an issue either.

I'm so glad that each of you had a fairly easy time of it and were able to enjoy your Independence Day without your dogs going into a panic.hugwishes
[notify]
Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Thu Jul 5, '12 8:21am PST 
Glad Keeva rode out the big bangs like a champ.

Moose also did great. I was at a friends house and her neighbors up and down the street were setting off bottle rockets and other, louder booming fireworks and Moose wasn't phased one bit as he was standing in her front yard near the fireworks.

Now, have a motorcycle buzz by and all bets are off.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Jul 6, '12 6:36am PST 
Moose you are a beautiful or should I say very handsome young pup.
Glad you handled all of the noises of the 4th like a champ. We know all about motorcycles. We had a GSD before we had Akitas that actually jumped the fence,to pull a rider away from one of those awful things. Biker was not very happy but was very understanding thankfully,and only injury was a few holes in his pants leg,where she tried to get him off and rescue him.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2