GO!

Need advice to get puppy to stop jumping

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Luna

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '12 4:26am PST 
Could her jumping on my boyfriend and I after we've been gone be a sign of separation anxiety. Or is it just excitement?
[notify]
Luna

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '12 4:08pm PST 
Could her jumping on my boyfriend and I after we've been gone be a sign of separation anxiety. Or is it just excitement?
[notify]
Luna

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '12 4:11pm PST 
[notify]

Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '12 5:47pm PST 
I wouldn't mark it up to separation anxiety unless when you came home she was so excited she urinated or while you were gone she went potty in her crate, vomited, barked/whines, chews on the bars, etc. She just sounds happy to see you. When I walk in the door Nare does a wild happydance and leans/hip bumps me and bounces around.

However, if she continues to be very excited upon seeing you, the anticipation of you coming could develop into some sort of separation anxiety.
I would try redirecting her back into her crate once she starts jumping on you. The leash thing should work for when guests are around and when your boyfriend comes home.
[notify]
Luna

Barked: Thu Jun 21, '12 12:38am PST 
That would work for when the boyfriend comes home from work since we take them for a walk shortly after he gets home
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2