GO!

Taking him To Farmers Market tomorrow(advice needed)

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Mozart

I am Fearless

Barked: Fri Jun 15, '12 4:35pm PST 
In our town we have a very nice Farmers Market it is every Saturday, and I have been multiple times and noticed a bunch of people bring their dogs, I have seen big dogs small dogs dogs in stroller dogs and puppies being held, so dogs are definitelywelcome They even have grass fed beef dog treats there, I am going to be taking Mozart tommorrow and we are going to get some of those dog treats plus human foodlaugh out loud But it can get crowded and I am wondering if I should let Mozart walk on leash or bring the doggie stroller that I have? Mozart is a very social dog that loves kids people and other dogs and he was socialized since he was little 8 weeks old and he is now 9 months old. But he has never been someplace with a crowd of people, do you think it is okay that I bring him? I really want to and want to see how behaved he can be, but I would hate for him to start barking at people or other dogs I would feel like a bad dog owner.
[notify]
Mozart

I am Fearless

Barked: Fri Jun 15, '12 6:39pm PST 
???
[notify]
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Fri Jun 15, '12 9:36pm PST 
I would take some sort of a dog sling or the stroller just in case.
I would make it one of my 'shorter' trips there, which it sounds like it will be a short and sweet visit..

Be sure and take the other doggie necessities as well like a leash, his tags on his collar, poo bags, some paper towels, and some extra water for him.

If it is a market that is far away, I would maybe call first and see if they allow pets (I am kind of in the same boat lately, trying to think up ways to stimulate Frankie other than Peto and the local park) or ask as soon as you get there is dogs are allowed. Just because you may see them, it may not mean they are allowed, know what I mean..? They may very well be allowed, but to avoid any potential confrontations I would ask first. wink
[notify]

Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Mon Jun 18, '12 10:36pm PST 
hi there mozart (:
I was wondering how your trip went, if you happened to make it!
Nare and I attended Petpalooza this year (its a dog event here in Washington that had over 10,000 people attending!), and I was very skeptical about how he would take it. But he had a blast, especially doing 'drive bys' and woo'ing the crowds, if you know what I mean. ;3 It was a great experience, and I think for a growing puppy it would be wonderful, especially for distraction training and so he can see all sorts of different shapes and sizes of people!

I hope you go with a stocked wallet. laugh out loud
[notify]
Mozart

I am Fearless

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 4:24pm PST 
Well we did go and Mozart Did pretty well, I let him walk on the leash it was a short four foot leash. There was a bunch of people there we went later then expected and he was a little bit spooked, but when I picked him up he wanted to get down. He sniffed a bunch of dogs really big dogs and small and medium dogs and did great was very polite with the dogsway to go A little boy wanted to pet him and Mozart just stood there and let him, I was so proud of himapplause
And he only barked at one person a girl was carrying a sign and he was very unsure of it so he let out a little woof, I commanded him to quiet and he listened! They were out of the treats there but I got him a cow knuckle bone and he loved chewing that when we got home. I am going to take him again this Saturday but early when there are not so many people and we can work on some distraction traininghappy dance And hopefully get him some treats before they sell out!
[notify]