GO!

Where can the puppies (doggies too! )go...?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '12 6:04am PST 
Here we have Petco and another privately owned pet store. I too have seen people get away with bringing small dogs that can be carried into places they are not permitted and nothing being done about it. I am very aware of the fact that small breeds can be used as service dogs as well but had an incident in a MEDICAL FACILITY,where a Yorkie,even if a service or alert dog,could have and should have been asked to leave,the little monster was barking at everyone,took up two chairs while people with walkers and crutches were left standing,nipped at anyone who got close enough,and relieved itself on the floor along with marking everything it could lift it's leg on. I begrudge no one the use of a service or alert dog when needed,but the grandchild of the owner was periodically taking the dog outside to play. I did ask the staff to check into the law and the dog is no longer allowed there,it was a family pet they simply did not want to leave home alone.Due to that dogs behavior and not knowing what it marked I will no longer have blood draws at that facility. It was repulsive.
[notify]
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '12 11:58am PST 
Wow..things people try to get away with..

crazy!!
[notify]
Bruno CGC

Honorary Kelpie

Barked: Sun Jun 24, '12 12:07pm PST 
A lot of garden centers/nurseries allow dogs too. I often bring Bruno when shopping for plants. Farm/feed stores as well, like Wilco and Coastal (don't know if you have those in your area) and small country feed stores.

Have to second what others have said about restaurants with outdoor seating... always ask first. They don't HAVE to allow dogs, they can choose to, and some don't. frown
[notify]

Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Mon Jun 25, '12 1:17pm PST 
Thanks Bruno.
It's not looking too promising around here...frown

IT is not that I 'have' to take the dog with me wherever I go, I am not that clingy of an owner (in fact most times I welcome a little break from the little furball constantly being under my foot 24/7! wink ) but I just would like him to have some new, fun experiences. smile

Sometimes he looks so bored and I feel so bad for him because he does not have any canine playmates or little kids to romp with him (he loves little kids)..

I just have to be content and know I am doing the best I can with him. smile

Thanks!! wave
[notify]
Radley

Im a lean, mean,- cuddling machine

Barked: Mon Jun 25, '12 1:51pm PST 
Around here people are really dog friendly. We take ours to Petsmart, Lowes, a privately owned pet store, all the places here with outdoor patios allow dogs except one. Big 5 let's pets come in, as does game stop( if you carry them, so obviously no Mastiffs or anything lol). One time my hunny had to stop by wal mart unexpectedly, and he had our Beagle with him and it was too hot to leave her in the car so one of the greeters held her leash while he grabbed what he needed. Of course the greeter was more then happy to watch her and everyone entering and exiting the store had to stop to pet her lol. But people here would rather you bring your dog in then leave them in the hot car like some people think it's ok to do. shock
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2