GO!

Where can the puppies (doggies too! )go...?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Thu Jun 14, '12 8:42pm PST 
I saw a pic posted on FB of a lady with her Shih Tzu in the shopping cart at the Container Store. I did not know you could take dogs in there! smile

Now, I am in general not a fan of taking dogs to many stores. But some should be fine.

I know you can take them to places like Home Depot and Lowe's and I've seen some owners siting outside Panera (maybe Starbucks, too?) in the summer at the outside tables there.

Just wondered what other stores/places allow poochies..? and not therapy dogs or those types, but pets..thanks!! smile
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Thu Jun 14, '12 10:33pm PST 
Ace Hardware stores always have been dog friendly.

Sadly there are too many irresponsible owners and that has spoiled it for many.

Please know that is NOT a pop at you ! I am sure you have however come across that type of person though !

I have no worries with SD's going anywhere... I have every problem with the cheats and fakes..... but it IS nice that there are some places like you say that a well behaved human and their dog can go !

I have one who is better not going (Flicka ... bless his heart)and one (Lucas... my Little Alien !)who would love to !
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Thu Jun 14, '12 10:55pm PST 
I've found that anywhere with outdoor tables is fair game, but if it's an actual sit down restaurant I do ask first, even though the tables are outside. I've never been told no for sitting outside with a dog.

The Home Depot and Lowe's vary from location to location. Some still allow dogs and some have stopped that practice. So again, it's good to ask.

Sometimes the stores at outdoor malls are more lenient about allowing pets in. There's a mall a little ways from my area that's extremely dog friendly, and most of the stores allow dogs, even in the really fancy ones.

The shopping cart thing at the Container Store could just be someone breaking the rules and the employees didn't feel like dealing with it. Or it may have been an unmarked SD (or a faker SD). Point being, don't assume dogs are actually allowed because you see someone else with one.

You could try Googling 'dog friendly stores' for you area and see what comes up. Sometimes you'll be surprised at the stores that welcome dogs.
[notify]

Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Fri Jun 15, '12 6:03am PST 
Thanks Onyx and Flicka..
That is an excllent point, Onyx..
I did google stores that allow dogs but not my specific area.
And just because one sees a dog say at their local Panera does not ncessarily mean they are allowed..

As you say-it is always best to ask, even if the web 'says' they do! wink
[notify]
Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 10:59pm PST 
The hardware stores around here allow dogs. I take Kit into Ace with me once in awhile. I always ask before bringing him in, just to be sure, but the employees at our local Ace love Kit. He gets so excited when we go, because there aren't many stores he can go into. Usually I have to wait outside with him while my fiance runs in to pick up whatever we need. Or leave him at home.

The laundromat I go to allows dogs too. I thought it was kind of weird at first, to have dogs around where people are cleaning their clothes - just in case people have issues with allergies or something. But I have brought Kit with me a few times, usually only when I know the laundromat isn't packed with people.
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '12 11:57am PST 
There is a wonderful outdoor mall that was built right down the street from me a couple years ago. Most stores are dog friendly and will have a sticker in the window. I love bringing Kash shopping there with me. Its a great place to help with distracting training and she loves the 3 Dog Bakery. They know us by name in there. big laugh
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '12 12:03pm PST 
Just be careful about assuming that restaurants with outdoors seating are dog friendly. In Los Angeles city, a restaurant must secure a separate letter of agreement from the city to allow dogs in the outdoors dining area. I know it cause I see it posted publicly at the restaurant I like to eat at.
[notify]
Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '12 1:41pm PST 
I was in our Home Depots a month ago - there was a notice on the doors about changing to no-pets allowed (except service).

Here you can take a dog on the C-train (upground subway), not sure on the bus.
[notify]
Zephyr

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '12 3:58pm PST 
Home Depot is a no-go here but Lowes is fine. I always make it a practice to ask regardless.

I tend to see people with little dogs in places where it's explicitly posted no-dogs allowed who are clearly not service dogs (and the owners will admit this) but they just don't care. The dog is little and no one says anything so regardless of the postings they'll go anyway. It annoys me but there are worse things I suppose.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '12 4:40am PST 
I was in Walmart last night and a woman had the most filthy, matted shih tzu IN THE CART. I was horrified as the next person will be putting their baby OR their food in that same cart without having any idea it is contaminated with dog feces.
No way, no how was that dog a service dog either.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2