GO!

Question!!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Josie- *Forever in- Our Hearts*

Happy to work

Barked: Sun Jun 3, '12 8:05am PST 
It depends on the puppies. At the training class I assist with we have had many people who got 2 puppies either from the same litter or around the same time. I find that people who get puppies from the same litter have trouble with them being overly attached to the each other, as in they will not even tolerate being across the training room from each other (they scream and pull till together). Others (generally who have waited a week or 2) do not seem to have as many issues.
Be prepared for double the work with housebreaking, training, etc.

I personally think that she will be fine after an adjustment period. When we lost Winnie recently the other dogs would look for her in her crate and in her fave spots to lay but they eventually (about 2 months later) accepted that she was gone. I think giving them an adjustment period is important, you need the dog to accept that their companion is gone before overwhelming them with a new dog or puppy.
[notify]
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Mon Jun 4, '12 7:32am PST 
You shouldn't be getting a dog for your dog. If YOU want 2 dogs, then search away.

Dogs are very adaptable critters. Whatever YOU want, the dog will adapt to.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2