GO!

Dog suddenly barking at 3 am..2 nights now..

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Kodiak

The cheese ninja

Barked: Sat May 26, '12 2:13pm PST 
Ah, ok, if you took him out and he didn't go, I'm sure you're right. Can you try to make sure he exercises more and sleeps less during the day? Kody is sometimes like that when he takes a late evening nap. It may be a critter, but I'm thinking he was already awake enough to care about it. It seems telling that he acts wide awake.
[notify]
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Mon May 28, '12 8:01am PST 
GOOD NEWS..
He seems to be back to his old ways of sleeping through the night...relieved

Thank goodness..He was always such a GREAT sleeper at night!! blue dog
[notify]
Keeva

My name is- Gaelic for- "Gentle"

Barked: Mon May 28, '12 9:52am PST 
That is GREATapplause
[notify]

RedWind

Barked: Mon May 28, '12 11:35am PST 
When our husky was doing this we would put his blanket in the dryer for a few minutes so that it was just warm enough to comfort him and it really helped to calm him down. I hope this helps!
[notify]
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Tue May 29, '12 1:56pm PST 
A couple other things I have thought of..
Could his food switch somehow be causing this...?
Could it be making him have dreams...?

Another thought is maybe he is getting too warm in his crate...?
S/O does not let us run the AC at night and although the basement is generally cooler than the rest of ths house, maybe he is just too warm in there, and there is no where to adjust to find a 'cool' spot...?

thinking

Incidentally, I *did* think we were out of the woods, but he did it again last night...

I just want my sound little sleeper back!! frown

He is not one to bark, so it is boggling my mind..

I am also wondering if something is bothering him health-wise.
I have read that an animal in pain will not whine or 'complain' about it during the hub-bub of the day, but at night when everything/everyone is quiet and he can focus on 'himself' more, than that might be why he is barking like crazy. I don't know though, that is just something I red on the 'net...confused
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2