GO!

How much to feed a border collie puppy

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Lilly CD CDX- JD JDX AD

Barked: Wed May 16, '12 7:14pm PST 
So my little girl is 7 weeks old and 4 kilos i think this is a little on the heavy side im not sure havnt had a pup in a while. we are doing three meals a day for instance a premium holistic dry food twice a day and some raw mince at night. How much should we be giving her ie cups or grams etc?
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Thu May 17, '12 11:05pm PST 
The guideline for raw fed pups is 2% of the dog's expected adult weight.

I *guess* with semi-kibble diet follow the same guideline?

So, let's see, a border collie bitch should weigh around 15 kg fully grown, 2% of that is 300 grams which should be spread over 3-4 meals a day.

You want to keep the puppy lean especially an agility prospect so if she is roly poly feed a little less.

Weigh out what you are feeding now, and work from there.
[notify]
Lilly CD CDX- JD JDX AD

Barked: Fri May 18, '12 1:50am PST 
its hard to tell with so much coat we arent going to the vet til its 12 weeks for its shot so il ask then smile Also its hard to tell what weight she will be as some border collies ar taller and bigger built then others .
[notify]

Lilly CD CDX- JD JDX AD

Barked: Sun May 20, '12 1:10am PST 
Its also annoying as on her holistic dry food packet its only got feeding requirements from 2.5 kilo then to 5 kilo then to 10 kilo and shes four kilo so its got this :
2.5 kilo 126 grams daily.
5 kilo 212 grams daily
So her being four around what grams should i give her? i also split this total amount into three meals.way to go
[notify]