GO!

Susie's breeds?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Susie - ADOPTABLE

I am unique and- cute! ADOPT- ME!!!

Barked: Sat Apr 7, '12 9:40am PST 
Susie is from the rescue I volunteer with. We rescued her from a local shelter when her time was up. Her previous owners called her a Labrador Retriever, but as you can tell, she is NOT purebred Lab.

Susie is really sweet. She is great with other dogs and kids, but is NOT good with cats. She is not overly hyper and is pretty smart. She is about 11 months old and weighs about 50 pounds. Her tail curls over her back and she has a medium length coat that's really soft and full. She sheds quite a bit. She's mostly white with some black. She has smallish ears and a blocky head. She also has a semi-stocky build.

I am going to try and get better pictures soon, but for now, what breeds do you think Susie is?

Thanks!!

Edited by author Sat Apr 7, '12 9:59am PST

[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Sat Apr 7, '12 1:28pm PST 
She's beautiful! Sad she ended up in a shelter. She's a pup! That's why she knocked the kids down - she was playing- DUH! naughty

I think she's Lab/Dalmation....thinking
[notify]
Hannah - ADOPTED!!

Waiting for my- forever home

Barked: Sat Apr 7, '12 1:44pm PST 
I'm probably way off, but I think Lab/English Setter mix thinking
[notify]

Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Sat Apr 7, '12 3:20pm PST 
Change that, she looks similar to the dog in this article... lab/collie

http://www.app.com/article/20120407/NJLIFE06/304070009 /Dog-Scouts-America-troopers?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage
[notify]
Alice

Alice...in- Wonderland?

Barked: Mon Apr 9, '12 7:38am PST 
Dalmation mix...?
[notify]
Brittney

Love daddy - Schumi!!

Barked: Mon Apr 9, '12 8:31am PST 
If you REALLY want to know what she is, have a DNA test done. can buy one reasonably cheap at www.jefferspet.com
[notify]
Luna

Barked: Mon Apr 9, '12 3:11pm PST 
It is too early right now to tell susie's breeds that she's mixed with. As she grows her physical characteristics can change. For example my husky pup luna was black and white when i got her now that she is 15 weeks she has started getting a red color at the bottom of the black on her legs, the underside of her tail is a golden color, behind her ears are red, and on her back quarters she's getting a red color.

She may be part heeler. My aunt has a heeler that has the same coat pattern as susie.
[notify]
Cupcake

Adopt- don't shop.

Barked: Mon Apr 9, '12 3:58pm PST 
pitbull- block head and the ears and eyes
husky- coat and curl in the tail
border collie- coat and colouring
= perfect mutt.
I would get her dna done for sure.
[notify]
Luna

Barked: Mon Apr 9, '12 11:33pm PST 
cupcake - not all huskies tail curl though. We have two huskies and their tails don't curl at all.

She could be other breeds that have a natural curl like chows, akitas, shiba inus, spitz breeds etc.
[notify]

Barked: Tue Apr 10, '12 7:33am PST 
No offense Luna, but if your breeder sold you your puppy at three weeks old, they probably weren't breeding to standard, either.

:-X
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2