GO!

Suprelorin Implant - Temporary Sterilization - how NOT to have puppies!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

z

I can't hear- you.

Barked: Fri Nov 11, '11 3:20pm PST 
Has anyone any experience with Suprelorin Implants?

I am thinking this is a viable solution for when I have an intact female in the house with my intact male.

I do not have kennels and I do not plan to breed my female but I do intend on competing with her/showing her so I will be keeping them intact.

Suprelorin is a drug released and authorized for use in Australia and the EU since the early 2000s. It's a chip implant that works for 6- or 12- month durations (depending which you want) that releases chemicals into the male's body which blocks testosterone production rendering a male sterile for the duration.

I'm thinking I will use a 6-month implant starting from early Fall, since the females cycle usually only 1x a year during the winter.

It is not yet approved for use in the USA but I was wondering if any of our overseas Dogsters have had experience with it or any other information on it.

Much thanks! I'm happy to have found what seems like a workable solution.

http://www.peptech.com/HTML/Animal_Health/Superlorin_general.htm l
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Tue Nov 15, '11 5:52am PST 
Ohhh? I thought the next Vlcak wasn't yours??
[notify]