GO!

What is the strangest breed you've been mistaken for?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 7 of 23: Viewing entries 61 to 70)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  [Last 10 entry]  
Cookies 'n'- Creme- (1998-2011)

Heart of a lion,- soul of a lamb

Barked: Sat Jun 21, '08 1:01pm PST 
Maybe if just saw Shayne's head I might think Pittie mix, but otherwise no. Border Collies are easy to recognize.
[notify]
Quinn

Walk, sniff,- pee, repeat...

Barked: Sat Jun 21, '08 2:43pm PST 
Bernese Mountain Dog puppy. Usually she's mistaken for a Cocker Spaniel puppy. And a few times people have asked if she was a mix because she was a "weird" color ie not the more common Blenheim color. Hmph.... weird indeed.

Edited by author Sat Jun 21, '08 2:46pm PST

[notify]
Billie Jean

...the- Wiggle-Butt- Machine

Barked: Sat Jun 21, '08 6:31pm PST 
Some drunken idiot at the park the other day kept insisting that Billie Jean was a Bull Terrier "like Spuds McKenzie." When I told him she was an APBT, probably purebred (I've been told by more than one person she'd be show quality if she were in better shape) he wouldn't believe me. Like, why would I lie about my dog being a pit? Most people would lie the other way...
[notify]

Gus

If I see it,- it's MINE!

Barked: Sat Jun 21, '08 7:18pm PST 
A pit bull by some strange lady at Wal-Mart. eek
[notify]
Marley

Don't Worry...Be- Happy!

Barked: Sat Jun 21, '08 8:22pm PST 
a Red fox ... and once a coyote pup.
[notify]
Bama AKA- "Buddybear'

'Just as cuddly- as i look!'

Barked: Sat Jun 21, '08 9:57pm PST 
Ok get this...i am a longhaired dachshund about 14 pounds and at least 7 people or so have asked if i was a collie or shetland sheepdog!

And one lady thought i was an Irish Setter pup

Edited by author Sat Jun 21, '08 9:57pm PST

[notify]
Allee Oop!!!

I love my Mommy

Barked: Sat Jun 21, '08 9:59pm PST 
Hey! a lot of people think Allee is a schnauzer...which i can understand b/c she is petite in build for a scottie yet a little taller...

but what is strange is when they ask if she is a Westie!
[notify]
Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Sat Jun 21, '08 10:00pm PST 
Hi i am Bama and Allee's (posted above) brother Brodie.......
everyone knows i am a bully i guess.
[notify]
Hallie

Shelter Beagles- need homes

Barked: Sat Jun 21, '08 11:01pm PST 
Im hallie and Ive already been called a basset houndnaughty by 2 people. But mom has these papers that clearly states I'm a beagle and one lady even thought I was a walker coon hound shrug hehe moms only had me for two days!
[notify]
Izzy

Where's the- bunny?!

Barked: Sun Jun 22, '08 8:46am PST 
Izzy comes from show lines of labs so they are much smaller than many labs you see around. Many people ask if she is a mini lab!
[notify]
  (Page 7 of 23: Viewing entries 61 to 70)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  [Last 10 entry]