GO!

What is the strangest breed you've been mistaken for?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 4 of 23: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  [Last 10 entry]  
Iggy

Try and catch me- if you can...

Barked: Fri Jun 20, '08 9:43am PST 
I have been told I look like a Greyhound mix ... thinking

My legs are long for a chihuahua mix, but I don't think I have greyhound genes in me. My Mom and Dad were purebred Chi's and my brother and sister are both purebred Chi's... I weigh 20 pounds so I'm pretty sure someone else is my dad, but not sure what breed he was...

Maybe one day we will have a dna test to find out!!

big grin
[notify]
Marley

Whadda ya mean I- can't come- in?????

Barked: Fri Jun 20, '08 9:54am PST 
I told this story on a different post already, but it is worth repeating. We were out for a walk one day and this man came up and said sumthin to Mom bout her poodles....well mom very politely tells the guy that we's not poodles that we is Bichons Frises...so the guy says....OH... FRENCH POODLES... BOL BOL....what a tater!!
[notify]
Marley

Barked: Fri Jun 20, '08 9:54am PST 
I told this story on a different post already, but it is worth repeating. We were out for a walk one day and this man came up and said sumthin to Mom bout her poodles....well mom very politely tells the guy that we's not poodles that we is Bichons Frises...so the guy says....OH... FRENCH POODLES... BOL BOL....what a tater!!
[notify]

Marley

Barked: Fri Jun 20, '08 9:55am PST 
[notify]
Pooka (In- Loving- Memory)

Barked: Fri Jun 20, '08 9:55am PST 
I have been asked if I was a Teddy Bear (a shih-tzu/bichon mix)---which I don't see AT ALL!--- and a Japanese Chin.
[notify]
Marley

Barked: Fri Jun 20, '08 9:57am PST 
gosh my 'puter musta had a brain fart.....don't know why I got posted three times.....and don't know how to make two of them go away....sorryshrug
[notify]
Natty Gann

Is a Napoleon- complex a BAD- thing?!?

Barked: Fri Jun 20, '08 10:29am PST 
BOL Marley -- the best part is that you said it was a "story worth repeating! laugh out loud

Even we didn't have a good guess about what Natty's breed was when we got her. I think her first vet records have her down as a "shepherd/lab mix" or something! big laugh As she grew (or didn't, I guess is more to the point) we narrowed it down.

One thing we know she's not is a wolf! That's not what a guy at the laundromat in New Orleans thought though! Natty's was her daddy's laundry partner back when we lived in NOLA. One day they were hanging out waiting for their wash and a guy came in and said, "WHOA! That's gonna be a big wolf!". Mike said, "Huh? She's not a wolf. And she's full grown." The guy persisted that Natty was just a few months old (we had had her for about 6 months at that point) and that she was a wolf! People are silly! It's always mystified my that people will actually argue your dogs age with you.

When I lived in Philadelphia Meridian got called a wolf all the time, too. The prevailing thought in my neighborhood in Philly was that if a dog has short hair it's a Pit, and if it's got long hair it's a wolf. Simple!
[notify]
Penelope

I am the REAL- head of the- household

Barked: Fri Jun 20, '08 11:26am PST 
When I first got Penelope people kept insisting that she was a sheltie.shrug
[notify]
Zack

Spoiled boy

Barked: Fri Jun 20, '08 11:40am PST 
Marley,
Interesting fact. Poodles and Bichons were interbred a very long time ago, and some purebred poodles and bichons have each other in their lines, because this dated so far back to even tell. But if you want to get technically in all reality Poodles and Bichons are basically the same dog, with minor differences or variations. I've had poodles my whole life, and my mom wanted a bichon. Recently I've been doing a lot of research on the breeds and their history.
[notify]
Bisou CGC- TDI

Boney Baloney- Face

Barked: Fri Jun 20, '08 11:42am PST 
I've been mistaken for -

a long haired chi

a pommie

a jack russell x

a CAT (WTF??)

I am a papillon!!! It really upsets Momma when someone tells her I AM a phalene. Phalene's are pretty rare and their ears are shaped different and don't stand at all. I am a soft eared Pap, where the cartledge is too thick, or something.
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 23: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  [Last 10 entry]