GO!

to neuter or not to neuter?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 22)  
1  2  3  
Barney

Tennis-Balls and- Water!

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '07 7:39am PST 
I was neutered at 6 months - absolutely no problem abit that - and the very next day I was as spunky as before, and playfull and all that. I heard about lots of problems with unneutered males, even if they remotely smell a female in heat - a Rottie friend of my sister went through sheet metal! I still get excited when I smell a female in heat, but I don't take off to chase them. I just plainly think that there are too many dogs, and even as a house dog you can't ever be sure ... we are crafty when we want to get to the females. In my opinion there is only one justification for breeding, and that is the bettering of the breed when it comes to health. Too many homeless dogs out there! Please neuter!
[notify]
Logan- ♥

You say spoiled- like it's a bad- thing.

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '07 8:22pm PST 
Logan had to be neutered twice...yes,twice. shock

When he was 6 months, we had him neutered but only one testicle had dropped. They opened up his abdomen a bit more to look for the other one but never found it. They told us it either did not exist or was so underdeveloped that it would never drop or function. WRONG!! A few months later, the other one came out of hiding and he had to do in again.

If I had it to do all over again, I would...but I'd make sure they were both where they should be first. Logan does still become "aroused" at times but we can usually make that stop but trained him totally by accident. Whenever it would happen, we'd stop petting/playing with him and say "eww, put your willie away". He'd settle down and "willie" would indeed go away. We didn't realize that was becoming the accepted command.shrug But since it works...
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 22)  
1  2  3