GO!

How Big will I get

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Zoidberg

Fastest Puppy in- the Park!

Barked: Tue Jun 12, '07 2:05pm PST 
So I am probably 6 months old now... I am a rescue dog soMommy is guessing I am 6 months on June 15 or June 30...
She was wondering how big I will get.. Is there a way to tell... like double their weight at 3 months? or 6 months?
[notify]
Kip

I'm a Maniac!

Barked: Tue Jun 12, '07 2:08pm PST 
How much do you weigh now?
[notify]
Zoidberg

Fastest Puppy in- the Park!

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '07 4:08am PST 
Right now I weight 15.8 pounds
[notify]

Shylo

Cutie- PaTootie

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '07 11:16am PST 
The 'rule' is to double their weight at 14 weeks and add 1/2 lb.

Small breeds are pretty much all done growing at 6 months according to my vet.

I will be 6 months on June 20th. I weighed about 2.7 at 14 weeks.
I am 6 lbs now.
[notify]
Bigg

Bubba Bigg- Sooner

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '07 2:38pm PST 
i would guess less than 25 lbs... considering your weight at your age and your mix of breeds.
[notify]
Taffy

Where's Dad?!

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '07 3:14pm PST 
bow wow wow wow woo! I just had to howl when I read the title on this post! Remimded me of when I had puppies-----

My human brother in law picked one of my puppies for his own because he said "this one is a Rottweiler"----he was very serious---Mom and Dad adn my human sister all just rolled their eyes at each other and kept their mouths shut.

King( the Rottie--not) and Duke live on the property with us and well, I guess we will just have to call King a miniature Rottie----they are four years old now and no bigger than me and I am fat at 17 lbs!
[notify]
Bosley

Will Work For- Food

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '07 10:02pm PST 
It really depends on your breed/genetics. When I was 4 months I weighed 40 pounds, now I am 9 months and I weigh 90 pounds. I still have a lot of growing left to do and will probably end up at about 110-115 pounds. Smaller dogs reach their full size between 6 months and a year while large breed dogs can take 3 years to reach their full size. Based on your breeds and current weight I would guess that you will be between 20 -25 pounds.
[notify]