GO!

Best ways to introduce puppy to older dogs?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Lola

who you callin'- bunny butt??

Barked: Tue Jun 12, '07 12:52pm PST 
Hello, my little Lola is 14 weeks old and we've had her for 2 weeks... she's been introduced to 3 dogs so far... the first two were a 3 year old beagel and a 1 year old cocker spaniel. everything went fine with them... she more or less sat on the side lines & watched them play, but she was not fearful of them.

the other dog was my sister's 6 month old akita & lola was not happy with her! I think it had to do with the fact that we had a housefull of people and the akita is about 3 times bigger than her, but I want to know how it's best to introduce dogs to one another as I have friends with bigger dogs & I want it to be an easily made friendship for the dogs.

Should they meet on neutral grounds? What to do when they get aggressive? Any tips would be great!!!!
[notify]