GO!

Help! Dealing w/puppy chewing

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Bella

Bella Boom Boom- Loves to Vroom- Vroom~

Barked: Mon Jun 11, '07 5:53pm PST 
Dear Dogsters,

I consider myself to be a very forgiving dog owner. Our fosters ruined our carpet, costing us several thousand dollars. My parents' toy poodle pees all over the house because of bladder issues.

However, I was so furious to find out today that Bella has took a huge chunk out of my precious Ferragamo wallet. It's not the cost of the wallet that I'm pissed off about, but it was a birthday gift from my fiance.

I am so angry, I am shaking...

How do you deal when your dog destroys your belongings like this? Even I have my limits...

I can't punish her now, b/c I don't know when it happened. But I did make one big mistake-- I left my purse half opened on the floor. None of my other dogs have destroyed things the way she has...I think its the terrier in her. Truly incorrigible..
[notify]
Shayla

My Sunshine!

Barked: Mon Jun 11, '07 6:08pm PST 
"But I did make one big mistake-- I left my purse half opened on the floor. "

Right there is your answer, don't leave nothing on the floor around a puppy! She is only 3 months old. They are teething and i'm sure that felt good to chew on.

The only answer I can give you is to never leave her unattended, if you do then make sure there is nothing she can get a hold of that isn't meant for chewing.

Also maybe new chew toys would help. They do get bored with the old toys.
[notify]
Jasmine

Such a Happy- Girl

Barked: Mon Jun 11, '07 6:11pm PST 
I take a break. big grin

Go do something non-doggy to get your mind off of it. Until you can get things in perspective, don't bother doing much with your dog if it's only going to push you close to the edge. You do not want to go off on your pup, I'm sure you will feel guilty later! She had no idea it meant so much to you.

Make a mental note to not make that particular mistake again, and then move on. It's not like you can't carry any sort of money ever again, right? Your fiance isn't going to break up with you because of it. Your pup isn't going to fiendishly plan to destroy all your valuables as long as they aren't in reach...

Every pup owner makes mistakes (and I mean EVERY!!), but in the big picture, it's really just a blip of puppyhood that I'm sure you'll always remember!

Easy for me to say right now, I know. I'm not the one with a chunk out of a beautiful wallet. But once this is easy for you to read, you're probably OK! way to go

Bella

Barked: Thu Jun 14, '07 1:06am PST 
Thanks Jasmine and Shayla,

I'm pretty patient with my dogs, but I guess this particular incident really got under my skin! I've long since forgiven her AND learned my lesson to keep all things out of reach.

Yes, though I'm a seasoned dog owner, I still make mistakes from time to time! hehe

Thanks for the feedbacksmile

Ciao,

Bella's Mom
[notify]
Bella

Barked: Thu Jun 14, '07 1:07am PST 
Thanks Jasmine and Shayla,

I'm pretty patient with my dogs, but I guess this particular incident really got under my skin! I've long since forgiven her AND learned my lesson to keep all things out of reach.

Yes, though I'm a seasoned dog owner, I still make mistakes from time to time! hehe

Thanks for the feedbacksmile

Ciao,

Bella's Mom
[notify]