GO!

Accident clean-up method?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Scout

Scout-"Welcome- to the family!"

Barked: Sat Jun 9, '07 5:38pm PST 
We just got Scout this week and as I've heard, housetraining is a lengthy process. laugh out loud

Anyone know of a good, portable carpet cleaner? We have a Bissel right now, but it's pretty heavy to lug up and down the stairs.

Thanks!
[notify]
George- Sullivan- Bailey

Proud to be a- Connemara- terrier!

Barked: Sat Jun 9, '07 6:47pm PST 
Firstly, WELCOME SCOUT! You are bee-yoo-tee-full! big grin
Secondly, some good ol' Nature's Miracle and paper towels should take care of accidents. I'm not sure about portable carpet cleaners... I have a Bissell also and it's not convenient whatsoever to lug around (although it works very nicely). Good luck with housetraining... its only as time-consuming as you allow it to be, honestly. Just be consistent about the rules and persistent about supervising Scout, and you'll have yourself a trained dog before you know it!! dancing
[notify]
Brigetta

RESCUE!!!

Barked: Sun Jun 10, '07 8:49am PST 
Hi Scout! wave You are so cute!
I'm with GSB...Nature's Miracle works great. When I was house breaking Brigetta I would use the NM (on occasion I still have to). I also have a Bissel steam cleaner, but It's not fun to drag out all the time!
[notify]

Madalyn

Barked: Mon Jun 11, '07 5:38am PST 
Bissel makes a small hand held cleaner. It cost about 30.00. I have one and I use it a lot for all kinds of accidents (I have human children too). Also I agree with everyone else that Nature's Miracle works great.

ETA: Welcome to Dogster cutie!

Edited by author Mon Jun 11, '07 5:40am PST

[notify]
Baxter- Bojangles

I'm the- Baby-Gotta Love- Me!

Barked: Mon Jun 11, '07 6:21am PST 
I have the bissell hand cleaner and a dust buster....both are very god investments for cleaning up after messy pups! We alos have the fukk size steam cleaner that we use maybe every other month or so
[notify]
Badger- Hunter's- Little- Smokie

Come closer!- Have U been dog- approved?

Barked: Mon Jun 11, '07 7:06am PST 
Paper towels (for blotting liquids)
Toilet tissue (for picking up solids)

Little Green Clean Machine
Pet Stain/Odor fluid for LGCM

Out, Nature's Miracle, etc.

Sometimes Mom skips the paper towels on potty spots if the LGCM is closer than a paper towel. She cleans up the carpet with the LGCM, then sprays the Out or Nature's Miracle on the wet spot.

Smoke, *trips over the LGCM*
[notify]
Harley

Noodle's the- name, noodling's- the game!

Barked: Mon Jun 11, '07 10:53am PST 
Hi y'all...

My mommy is a dog sitter and unfourtuantely the less glamous side of her job involves MANY carpet misshaps! She bought Woolite Pet Stain and Odour Remover from Wal-Mart for about $5, and it works like a charm!

It gets the smell out, too, so future pups don't piddle in the same spot wink Works great between carpet cleanings!
[notify]
Morgan

*huuugies* for- pals

Barked: Mon Jun 11, '07 11:13am PST 
Hi Scout! You're too cute! wanna play? big grin

Mom says two tips for your pawrents..

besides paper towels and Nature's Miracle (you would think those things follow me magically around the house).

1) Always watch Scout wherever he is in the house and if he looks like he's gonna go (tail up sniffing around).. outside immediately.
2) REWARD REWARD REWARD any potty outsides for at least a good week and possibly more!

Mom did that with me and I've been with her a month now, it took about 2 or 3 weeks but I'm pretty good.. rarely have an accident. She still monitors me because sometimes I just go to the door and stare.. but if no one is around to see me stare at it, then oopsie...

She still makes sure I potty after playing really hard and after I wake up from a nap. When she's at work, I'm in my own area with a potty pad, so if I can't hold it then I'll go on the pad.

good luck!
[notify]
Scout

Scout-"Welcome- to the family!"

Barked: Mon Jun 11, '07 12:33pm PST 
Thanks everyone!

We'll definitely invest in some Nature's Miracle and maybe a handheld Bissel too.

Scout's been doing very well on the housetraining front, hardly any accidents!

cheer
[notify]
Katie

I am the- Dreamsicle-you- may kiss my nose

Barked: Tue Jun 12, '07 6:34am PST 
Aww-he is so cute. I have a Spot Bot by Bissel (got it for the kitty's hairballs) and it was awsome with housebreaking. I used hot water and little bit of Oxyclean in it, you can set it on the spot and it beeps when it is done. Katie liked to watch it run, so I would set it and watch as my little boy and Katie pup would sit next to it following the brush movements and such like it was a tv show. "As The Potty Accident Vankshes"laugh out loud
[notify]