GO!

BEWARE OF PUPPY SCAM!!!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Otis

"More- Walks....Less- Toys"

Barked: Tue May 29, '07 5:35pm PST 
I am in Dallas TX and while reading the Sunday paper ran across an classified ad for an 11 week old pup for $300.00. Needless to say the hairs on my neck stood up on end and I emailed the "person" asking for details....The following is the reply I received.

Shower of blessings to you and thanks for your interest in my lovely baby. She is still very much available for new home.She is 11 weeks old,she will be 60lbs at full grown,her parents weighed 55-60lbs at full grown, She is AKC registered and her shots are given up to date,she is vet checked and trained.All her papers will accompany her, But right now I am in africa on a Christian mission with my wife and we have her right here with us.We are going to ship her to you via Express pets delivery on next day delivery after shippment through a shipping agent , I am leaving her for $400 USD Including shipping.If you are interested in having her, I want you to get back to me with your full name,address,phone number including the nearest airport to you.Please if you know that you are not going to take very good care of my baby do not reply me because i am only giving her out because we dont have time to take care of her again due to the mission work before us here.Await your response.View pics in the attached files.
[notify]
Chloe

I like to- waddle, cuddle,- and go 'Aroo!'

Barked: Tue May 29, '07 6:55pm PST 
Sounds awfully shady to me...is there somebody to report this to just to be sure somebody else won't respond and get duped?
[notify]
Merlin

Until there's- none.....

Barked: Wed May 30, '07 3:19am PST 
It's just another twist on the Nigerian Scam.
[notify]

Bailey

R.I.P Joey and- Tucker..Love you- guys <3

Barked: Wed May 30, '07 4:52am PST 
I Have also gotten an email reply like that....It was on a boxer.....why do people do these things
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Wed May 30, '07 6:44am PST 
I can't believe that the paper would actually print the ad. Of course it's a scam. There have been the occasional pup here that is marked as adoptable - you get the same sort of reply from them too. They get removed immediately.
[notify]
Navidad

Feed Me!

Barked: Wed May 30, '07 7:04am PST 
I don't know how people can live with themselves being so dishonest. That is rediculous! confused
[notify]
Merlin

Until there's- none.....

Barked: Thu May 31, '07 11:58am PST 
It's really not people in any developed country. These scams usually come out of Nigeria. There is no government regulation to stop them.
[notify]
Damian

I'll Be happy to- Share with you.

Barked: Thu May 31, '07 12:09pm PST 
Otis

we visited a website puppyfind.com that had a warning about those people. they are the Wost Scam Artisits. I hope you reported them Pal.. They have been banned from using internet websites.
I hope they dont Scam anyone into believeing they actually have a puppy to send..
[notify]
Zelda

I solemnly swear- that I'm up to- no good

Barked: Fri Jun 1, '07 9:46pm PST 
Scam. Poorly written scam, if you ask me.
[notify]
Dusk

I love- life

Barked: Mon Jun 4, '07 11:25pm PST 
I actually had one of those type of scammers contact me wanting a puppy. Not sure of how it was suppose to go, but it was to much moving around of money for me.
It was about 6 years ago.
I can't believe how long they think they can go on with these scams.
shockcryshockcryshockcry
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2