GO!

Puzzle toys...any suggestions?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Piper

i'm soooooo- cute!

Barked: Mon May 14, '07 11:30am PST 
I was just wondering if anyone had some good suggestions for puzzle toys for LARGE dogs, a German shepherd and a Saint Bernard?

We have lots of kongs (every size and shape), but have lost interest unless they have peanut butter in them! we also have ropes, tires, rawhides, nylabones.....

Any suggestions???
[notify]
Greta, CGC

Please pet me,- PLEASE, PLEASE,- PLEEEEZE!

Barked: Mon May 14, '07 11:39am PST 
Our big dogs love the Tricky Treat ball and it seems pretty indestructable (it's a rubber type material). We just put some of their dry food in it and they'll roll it around for an hour making sure they got every last piece out. We tried the Buster Cube, but it's made of plastic and is very loud and clunky on hard floors. Even the dogs didn't like it because the noise startled them. I'm sure on carpet it's much better.

We got the treat ball at petsmart... here's a link so you can see what it looks like:

http://www.shop.com/op/~Playtime_Pet_8482_Tricky_Treat_Ball _8482_-prod-37035823-49490396?sourceid=298
[notify]
Greta, CGC

Please pet me,- PLEASE, PLEASE,- PLEEEEZE!

Barked: Mon May 14, '07 11:44am PST 
Also with the kongs (also a favorite in our house!) we use all kinds of foods to keep the dogs interested. We often freeze them as well, so it takes them much longer to get all the food out. We have found that smashed bananas, peanut butter and cream cheese are all excellent "glues" which can hold all kinds of other treats, or just plain dry dog food, in place making for a good doggie tongue workout!
[notify]