GO!

I wont stop biting other dogs

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

AJ

The rebel Johnny- Cash

Barked: Sun May 13, '07 9:04pm PST 
My momma is getting very mad beacuse i will not stop biting her older pug grandson who is almost 5

THe older pug is sad and wont play with me which makes me mad

any ideas other than saying no bite to me cuz i dont listen
[notify]
Bullet- R.I.P.

foster- failure... mom- caved

Barked: Mon May 14, '07 2:59am PST 
I just looked at your age... you are ONLY 2 mths old. You are a puppy, a baby. You are just learning things. You have to be taught not to bite ( this is just puppy play ). Puppies nip and bite their momma's and siblings playing. They don't know any better. Tell your mom to chill, when you are alittle older and taught, you won't do it.
[notify]
Jack, CGC

It's hot out- here, can we go- inside?

Barked: Mon May 14, '07 12:47pm PST 
Eventually the older pug will have had enough and will probably snap or growl at the pup to let him know he doesn't like it. Just make sure you allow this, so the puppy knows to stop bothering him. In the mean time just continue to correct him and to DISTRACT him with toys, and other play items. Also, you may want to create a crate or bed for the older dog where he can get away from the pup for some down time. Like the other poster said, he's just a puppy and it's all par of the learning process.
[notify]

Oogruk- Phoenix of- Howling Dog

Can I eat this? - Can I have more?

Barked: Wed May 16, '07 8:23pm PST 
It is good and necessary for you to mouth things at your age. Mouthing is how us puppies learn about the world. For example, I am now 6 months old, and I still chew and nibble on things, and I chomp hands a little when I am excited. I really do not know how hard I bite.

If you mouth people's hands, they will gently distract you with a toy to chew on. They will also keep their hands away from your mouth and train any children to do the same.

I like to bite and tussle with my dog friends, and they bite and tussle back. I am slowly learning I am not allowed to bite people, wven when I want to play with them.
[notify]