GO!

Crate Training Advice Needed

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 11)  
1  2  
Max

I am soooo- lovable!

Barked: Sun May 13, '07 7:57pm PST 
What a cutie you are! Crate training is hard, but if you can't be with your pup all the time it really is the way to go. I agree with everyone's advice, but wanted to reiterate not to reward whining. Don't take your pup out when he is crying, only when is he is behaving. Max is almost 15 and doesn't need his crate anymore, but still uses it everyday (we took the door off many years ago). He loves his crate! Fig, my pug puppy, is another story. We did not use a crate with her. The reason being was that she would not potty outside (it was winter when she came home at 3 mos.). We have gone the route of an indoor litter box and she took right to it and never pottied in unauthorized areas of the house. I think she would have been incredibly hard to crate train and would have whined forever!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 11)  
1  2