GO!

What do you think...

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Bailey

I'm adorable, I- know I can't- help it....

Barked: Wed May 9, '07 1:18pm PST 
Ok some of you probably remember a while back I posted to see what you all thought I was... Well I thought i would update you... I went to the vet
I went to the vet Saturday for my final shots and mom asked the Dr. how big she thought I would be, The doctor smiled and said if you asked me when you first brought him in I would have said 50-60 pounds, but now I'm thinking he is probably only going to be a 30lbs dog. My mom was amazed! The Dr also said that she believed I was part Pit not part Boxer, she said she believes that because she sees almost no Boxer in me other then the brindle, but she see's Pit and.. she said Pits are very hard to get adopted alot of shelters with explain away there characteristics so they are more "adoptable" Like with me, they saw that I was brindle so they just said I was a boxer. She said she wasnt sure this was the case but she suppected it. Mommy said she doesnt care if I'm half Monkey she loves me to death. ANYWAY (sorry this is so long) moms question is... what do you think? Have you ever heard this before? Do you see Pit.. Mom's so curious she wishes she knew who my parents were!! What a goof she is! She should know by now I'm going to be beautiful no matter what I am.. Woof Woof Woof!dog
[notify]
Maximus Hugmongous

Moms 4 legged- soul mate

Barked: Wed May 9, '07 1:45pm PST 
I do see pit, and it looks GREAT on you!
[notify]
Chico

Blue Cheese...

Barked: Wed May 9, '07 2:34pm PST 
i think that you definately look like a pittie beagle... and mom says that you're too adorable!
[notify]

Daisy - R.I.P.

Good Morning- Beautiful.

Barked: Wed May 9, '07 3:33pm PST 
big grin I can see pittie thinking maybe some beagle too. All I know is you are one cute puppy way to go
[notify]
Bailey

I'm adorable, I- know I can't- help it....

Barked: Thu May 10, '07 12:45pm PST 
Thanks guys! Mom says my head is gonna explode with all these compliments!
[notify]
Gio

CD RE (CKC)- RXMCL (CARO) FM- CGN SJATD

Barked: Thu May 10, '07 12:59pm PST 
From the front view I still see Boxer. But the side views definitely look like there is some Pit in there big grin Too cute! Maybe you are a Boxer/Pit cross! That would answer all the questions laugh out loud

And shelters will often "ignore" the Pit option, especially for young puppies that have SO much promise! Sometimes, when a dog is older, it is really hard to ignore the fact that they look like they have Pit in them (even if they don't). And unfortunately, those dogs are often doomed because Pits just aren't as adoptable as other dogs due to all the misconceptions and bad press out there. But for puppies, it is very easy to say "Lab cross" or "Boxer cross", because it is so hard to prove otherwise with those squishy puppy faces!
[notify]
Frank's Wild- Years

Follow your- nose!

Barked: Fri May 11, '07 8:43am PST 
I would have to wait until he's bigger to give a really solid guess, but I definitely agree that right now pit bull/beagle looks about right.
That's ok though, they're both great breeds. I do recommend lots of walks and exercise though, as both tend to be higher energy. Even if he seems pretty calm in the house, keep up with the exercise. It'll keep him well balanced and happy. (Not to mention in good shape).

Edited by author Fri May 11, '07 8:44am PST

[notify]