GO!

My little alarm clock...UGH!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Holly- Golightly

Who you callin'- a mutt?

Barked: Sat May 5, '07 7:51am PST 
My Holly is 13 weeks old and I've had her since she was 7 weeks old. For the first week she whined off and on through the night, but then she got used to it, but these past few weeks she's been waking up at 3:30-4:30 AM! I will lie in bed for a little bit to see if she will stop, but sometimes my other dog will join in(I don't know why, because he's in bed with me!). So I get up and let them both out and she usually goes #1 and #2. Then we go back to sleep on the sofa until it's time for me to get up. Is this a bad idea? Am I doing anything wrong? Should I put her back in her crate? Should I ignore her intial cry? It would be REALLY nice for her to sleep all the way through the night, or at least until 6!
[notify]
Bailey

I'm adorable, I- know I can't- help it....

Barked: Sat May 5, '07 2:57pm PST 
I have the same problem!!!!!! Bailey is 19 weeks and he will still get up at 3:30 (not every night, but still!) and I'll have to bring him out. I would love to her peoples suggestions or advice!
[notify]
Bailey

I'm adorable, I- know I can't- help it....

Barked: Sat May 5, '07 2:58pm PST 
I have the same problem!!!!!! Bailey is 19 weeks and he will still get up at 3:30 (not every night, but still!) and I'll have to bring him out. I would love to her peoples suggestions or advice!
[notify]

Bowen

My battle name- is Bowen the- Destroyer.

Barked: Mon May 7, '07 5:10am PST 
Eventually they'll sleep through the night. If you have another dog they could snuggle with it goes faster, but if not try leaving a pillow in there with them that smells like you. Worked really well for me when Becky had to stay all day at the groomers.
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Mon May 7, '07 5:45am PST 
She is crying because she wants to go out. Eventually she will sleep through the night and not need to go until the morning but young pups need to go out a lot.
[notify]
Rosie - Sweet Angel- in Heaven

Maggie killed my- loofah dog! : (

Barked: Tue May 8, '07 6:50am PST 
I'll be 3 in August and I STILL wake my Mom up once in a while to let me out to go pee in the night. Usually it's because I went to bed before I went out for last call and my Mom doesn't want to wake me up because I look so sweet and comfortable. Mom knows she'll regret doing that but what are you goin' do?
[notify]