GO!

Puppy Kindergarten

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Zoidberg

Fastest Puppy in- the Park!

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 9:41am PST 
Mom enrolled me n puppy kindergarten today... what should we expect?
[notify]
Belle

just your- average sweet- loveable girl!

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 9:49am PST 
Hey Jerzey Girl don't know for sure. I was too old for kindergarten when I came home. But in elementary school is hard work. I can't get these people to do anything I want them to do. My "teacher" keeps shaking his head at me...I guess he can't believe his luck in getting such a good puppy in class! Tee hee.
I think you'll be doning alot of socializing and learning to walk on a lead and if there are any specific probems you're having with proper people behavior.
[notify]
Sebastian

Are you going to- eat that?

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 10:18am PST 
I enrolled Sebastian in puppy kindergarten but I didn't care for some of the trainer's methods so we stopped going. I am looking into finding him another class once I have more time to actually take him. But at ours, we were given a packet of different commands and tricks the puppies should know by the end -- sit, down, heel, etc. and practiced them in class. The main point is for your puppy to get used to other dogs in a controlled environment, and hopefully learn a few skills at the same time. wink
[notify]

George- Sullivan- Bailey

Proud to be a- Connemara- terrier!

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 10:22am PST 
A good puppy kindergarten class is focused on the dogs' having fun together, learning how to socialize, troubleshooting for the harried owners wink, and an introduction to simple commands (i.e. come, sit, down). It's not in-depth and not designed to be stressful in any way; just informative, friendly, and fun for you and your puppy. Enjoy!!! big grin
[notify]
Mia Bella

Just a little- girl!

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 10:29am PST 
Puppy Kindergarten was sooo much fun for both Mom and I. I started it when I was about 14 weeks I think.

In my class we had the first 10-15 minutes for socialization the small dogs and big dogs were seperated and we got to go off-leash and play for a bit.

After that we talked about tons of stuff like potty training and other behavioral issues. We also worked on the commands sit, down, sit and down stays, our recalls, heeling, and teaching us fetch.

Hope you have fun in your class!
[notify]
Clutch(King- Clutch Of- Westport

AKA..I'M letting- you pet me!!

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 10:35am PST 
I think puppy kindergarden is a waste of your money.You can socialize your puppy for free at the pet store or dog parks or friends or doggie daycare. Then pay money for your basic obedience class 3 to 5 months.

Just my 2 cents...Clutch
[notify]
Grace

Grizzy Grace. <3

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 6:02pm PST 
We think puppy kindergarden is a wonderful start, or continuance, to socializing your puppy. Grace loved going to pre-school (what hers was called) class, and buddied up with a Boxer and English Bulldog that first day, and they've been pals since! In Grace's pre-school class, her obedience teacher started teaching the proper way to walk on leash, sit, stay, down stay, and come, all in 8 weeks! Some puppy parents really needed the direction as far as obedience goes, but we went for the socialization and to give Grace something to do! I highly reccomend it! Way to go on enrolling and have a good time!
[notify]