GO!

Neutering

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 24)  
1  2  3  
Zeus

The ledgend- lives on.

Barked: Mon Apr 30, '07 11:06am PST 
Zeus was neutered @ 9 months old, and only that old because his Dad had a huge male problem with getting him neutered, and we were always arguing on our different sides of the sepctrum. (It's a testosterone thing, I think.) Technically Zeus' Dad is his legal owner (only because he paid for him, I'm certianly the main care taker) but since in reality he's mine, I wanted him neutered.

The day came where I did what I had to do, and bought him to work with me, and VOLIA! He was neutered! dancing

And Zeus didn't have a cone after his. It wasn't necessary for him.
[notify]
Tonka

Frisbee- !

Barked: Mon Apr 30, '07 2:36pm PST 
Here is a funny little story. Our Sheltie Toby was 11 years when he was neutered due to prostrate problems. The vet found a small cyst on his front leg so he removed it at the same time. Well, Toby never noticed his privates were missing but he sure was bothered by the stitches on his leg. I just put a sock on his leg and we had no problem with his licking. He passed away two years later and I still don't think he ever figured out his privates were missing! Needless to say a collar was never needed.
[notify]
Buddy

What!! It wasn't- me!!!

Barked: Mon Apr 30, '07 3:23pm PST 
Buddy was neutered at 2 1/2 yrs old once I came into my hubby's life. He didn't feel neutering was that big of a deal. Buddy never need to wear the cone. I did use some mild tranquilizers on him since at the time he was not crate trained and was being way to active whne we were not home. As long as he doesn't bother the incision site you should be just fine.
[notify]

T-Bone

Who luvs ya- babby!!!!

Barked: Fri May 11, '07 6:49pm PST 
Woof, my name is T-Bone, I'm 6 months old , and I'm going to get neutered next month. My mom had dogs before and they didn't have to wear a special collar. Maybe that's something new. My mom hopes that everything goes alright. Take care everyone.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 24)  
1  2  3