GO!

Memories of Puppyhood

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2  
Ruby

No fence too- tall!

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '07 5:20pm PST 
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm puppy breathcloud 9
[notify]
Chewie

Choo-Choo Magoo

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '07 7:13pm PST 
My mom still calls me Sweet Baby Chew but I'm 18 months old now and 65 pounds. My mom and dad sometimes forget about the puppy things Booker and Newt used to do, until I remind them! My mom keeps hinting to Dad that we need another puppy now that I'm a big dog. He doesn't think so. smile
[notify]
George- Sullivan- Bailey

Proud to be a- Connemara- terrier!

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '07 7:59pm PST 
Ohhhh puppyhood... both of my Jacks just melted my heart when they were pups! Those liquid eyes and soft fat little bodies... the puppy breath and those needle-sharp teeth... the paws that can fit in your hand and are pink and soft and smooth... and especially the way they have only two moods - TURBO and COMATOSE! laugh out loud My goodness do I loooooooove puppies... but there is definitely something about watching them get older that is pure magic as well. My Tessie is 2 and the baby, Sully, turned 1 in March... I look forward to many many MANY more years of happiness with both of them! big grin
Kudos to the Lab (was it Cosmo?) who posted about Labs being eternal babies... Jacks are exactly the same way! Honestly their energy knows almost NO limits!
[notify]

Mia Bella

Just a little- girl!

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '07 8:28pm PST 
Oh my...I remember the first time I laid eyes on Mia. When we brought her home we took her out to the backyard and let her run around. Her first grass experience...it was sooo cute. The grass was taller than her so she had to LEAP over each blade to get anywhere. She was so entranced by the green squishyness and she would not stop chewing on it. laugh out loud

I miss her soft fuzzy puppy hair...she's still soft now but not the "downy" softness that she used to have. My love has grown for her so much over the past 11 months she's been in my life. After I lost Willow I never thought I could love like that again...its amazing how they work their way into your heart so quickly.

Edited by author Thu Apr 26, '07 8:29pm PST

[notify]
Kaiser - My sweet boy- is gone

The Mister

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '07 9:48pm PST 
I was at mechanic's last week and his wife brought in one her Dad's new chocolate lab babies.. 4 weeks old!!!!!! I JUST DIED!!!!!! Her little paw pads were still brown, soft and fresh. I got to hold her and I kept sniffing her. She curled up in my arms, let out a little sigh and fell asleep. I almost started to cry. She was soooo precious!
[notify]
Cosmopolitan

Cosmo- I love to give- kisses!!!!

Barked: Fri Apr 27, '07 6:22am PST 
awww soft paws!!! how cute.. i forgot about those.. cosmos are rough from all of our walks, althougth they do get a little softer in the winter when we dont walk as much. Our coffee table has a cabinet in the middle on the bottom and then 2 spaces on each side at the bottom. Cosmo used to sleep under ther eon one side when we brought her home. Now when she lays by the couch and stretches out shes almost as long as the whole table!!!! Know what else i love? Puppies are always warm. I mean dogs are usually warm, but puppies are little balls of heat. and then they curl up on you and you get a little warm spot where they are laying... I LOVE PUPPIES!!!
[notify]
Madalyn

Barked: Fri Apr 27, '07 10:20am PST 
We are re-living our memories of puppyhood since Maddie came home cloud 9
[notify]
Shiva

Momma where are- you?

Barked: Mon Apr 30, '07 3:27pm PST 
I don't miss the potty training or the destruction of household items but I do miss the sweet cuddly tiny Shiva. Now that she is 85lbs its just not the same when she tries to cuddle. Way to big.
[notify]
Zeus

The ledgend- lives on.

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 6:05pm PST 
We recently babysat a 5 month old French Bulldog puppy. (See video of her protecting our house on Zeus' page.)
Ever since having the pleasure of her in the house, I don't miss having a puppy at all!
Needless to say, she will be coming back to stay with us soon, as I am her "Dogmother". Neither Zeus nor Grace is particularly fond of this idea. big laugh

Having a puppy sure makes you appreciate your old(er) dogs!

Edited by author Tue May 1, '07 6:07pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2