GO!

MOm is upset at me

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

♥luck- y ~- star♥

I was born to- make you Lucky.

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 10:39am PST 
Mom has been upset at me the other day,yesterday and today.Ive been sleeping on my spacious crate with my bed,toilet tray,24/7 water tube and some toys ,so that means im crate trained.All this time ive been a very good boy. I would use my toilet tray for my po* and pe*ing..wink
And whenever Mom would let me play inside the house i would ran off to my toilet and do my private things there. But the other day,yest and today I did the thing (po*) in our living room.Mom couldnt understand bcuz all this time i would go inside my crate if i wont to go to the toilet. Im 4months old now by the way. Dya have any idea why i did this ???

Mom will be shopping for a new toilet tray tom. to be set outside my crate.Just in case i wont go inside my crate.cheercheercheerPls. help mom for any suggestion or idea u have ..thxsmile
[notify]
♥- Bree Berry- ♥

♥Yes I'm- That Cute! - ♥

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 6:54pm PST 
We are babies and forget a lot! What your mommy should do is not allow you to be by yourself. You should be kept on a lead and attached to your Mom until you relearn to go on you pee pad. You Mom has to watch you and when you show signs that you have to go potty you Mom puts you on the piddle pad gentle telling you go Potty.
I am really good with my piddle pad and I had an accident the other day. Now Mom has me with her all the time I am not in my pen.
When I went to the big "dogs" piddle pad to do my "job" Mommy got all excited and gave me a treat and praised my for 15 sec. Mommy gave me a little more freedom, But if I mess up, my freedom gets taken away.
[notify]
♥luck- y ~- star♥

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 10:58pm PST 
thx bree berry. what your mom is doin is the same as what my mom woulddo for me too. maybe, we are really not that perfect and would have some mistakes sometimes. thankyou for sharing your insight ..

xoxoxo
[notify]

Tucker

What's Heidi- doing?

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '07 2:02pm PST 
Hi there!

Congrats on your new little Lucky! SOOOO cute!

I'm not sure how much reading you have done about crate training, but the whole point of the crate is to be a place for you puppy NOT to poo or pee. smile The crate acts as a "den" for pups, just like they would have in the wild with their puppy families. When puppies are old enough, as yours is, they will start to leave the den to do their business, therefore, keeping the den nice and clean!

It is instinct that your puppy does not want to pee or poo where it sleeps.

I think you are best to leave the pads outside of the kennel, maybe just a couple of feet away and see if that helps.

My pup even likes to poo at the very back corner of our backyard, he tries to keep it as far from his home as possible!

I hope this helps! I'm sure you can find lots of info about crate training online or through Dogster, just use a search function and type in "crate training a puppy".

I hope this helps! Best of luck. I am in the crate training process right now, and did it with my older dog too. It WILL pay off in the end!

Abbie, Heidi & Tucker
[notify]
♥luck- y ~- star♥

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '07 8:23pm PST 
Hi tucker !! thanx for the insight. But unlike every crate that i see online or the crates that some people use..Our crate here in Japan is a lil bit different.Its not the normal crates or kennels(very small,only good for sleeping) that they have in the US or some parts of the world that i saw. My puppy's crate is very spacious. His toilet tray is far from his own bed and in between those space, he can still play with his toys. The toilet tray that we have here is a bit different too.My puppy wont see the pads cuz its inside the tray.He can only smell it and theres some kind of smell to let him know that he has to do his potty and peeing there as well. Every owners who has dogs here in Japan uses the same toilet training.
Its not my first time to own a dog as well and i know that dogs doesnt want to poo or to pee at the place where they sleep.But then again the crate we have here is big enough to have a toilet tray included on his den. Some crates here even have a divider for their toilet and their bed. I guess for us, we dont need it cuz its spacious enough.

ANyway, thankyou for your insight.Hes been behaving very well now and i guess no dog is perfect.He had a couple of mistakes and im sure every dogs would have mistakes. Hes only 4 months old and still in the learning process.He is back to normal now and doesnt poo in the living room.I think he cant even smell where he did it the last time he pooed in the living room cuz i cleaned it with a vinegar and put some product they sell here in Japan.
[notify]
Tucker

What's Heidi- doing?

Barked: Fri Apr 27, '07 8:21am PST 
big grin
I had no idea! LOL

Glad to hear things are going well.

Take care!!

Abbie, Heidi & Tucker dog
[notify]
Ruby

No fence too- tall!

Barked: Fri Apr 27, '07 9:02am PST 
Thats not a crate it's a condo! bol I want one!
[notify]
♥luck- y ~- star♥

Barked: Fri Apr 27, '07 11:17am PST 
Ruby !!! OMD !!! you are soo funny..Mom laughed at your comment..hahahhahahah..BOLLL smile you are cool ruby.. hehehehe..thx for posting. smile you made me smile.. I wish it was a condo though..hahaha...

And tucker !! thx there bro. you take care too..MUAHZ to all !!
[notify]