GO!

How to tell age?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

PHOENIX

doggerbloggy.blo- gspot.com

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 3:05am PST 
I came to my new home today! The people at the shelter said i was 18 months old - but mummy thinks I may be younger. I am still very unco-ordinated, have super long ('rangy' is the word that comes to mind) legs and the biggest paws anyone's every seen! Is there any way of really knowing my age, and does it really matter?
[notify]
Jasmine

Such a Happy- Girl

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 3:46am PST 
Do you still have puppy teeth? Puppy teeth all fall out by about 6 months of age and then the adult teeth come in. So, then look at your pretty adult teeth -- are they pearly white or do they have the beginnings of tartar buildup?

Pearly white adult teeth means you're probably around a year old, and the beginnings of tartar buildup usually means you're a little older than a year.

But really, exact age doesn't really matter, but it is fun to know. way to go
PHOENIX

doggerbloggy.blo- gspot.com

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 5:00am PST 
Oh boy, do I have adult teeth! I've posted a photo - they're the biggest teeth my mummy's ever seen, and lovely and pearly white!
[notify]

Belle

just your- average sweet- loveable girl!

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 8:10am PST 
Your vet should be able to tell. They told my mom that I was 4-5 months old when she got me and like Jasmine said my adult teeth were already in so I was about 6-7 months old. Big dogs get tall the first year and then fill out for the next 2. My BIG brother D-Day had those long gangly legs too the first year and big pie plate paws. He filled out though...boy did he fill out!
So what are we going to name you?
[notify]