GO!

grain free diet?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Jamba Cope

Celebrate life!

Barked: Thu Mar 13, '08 5:20pm PST 
Are any pugs on this?
What do most of the pugs on here eat- and does it help with allergies?
[notify]
Taz

Barked: Thu Mar 13, '08 8:22pm PST 
Our pug, Taz, is on Natural Balance L.I.D. (Limited Ingredients Diets) grain free dog food.
We noticed that he kept getting ear infections (and smelled yeasty), so we decided to do some searching on the net.
We also put him on one capsule a day of Acidolphilus Probiotic Complex (it's a Jamieson brand). The combination has done wonders for him. He's really energetic, happier, and doesn't smell anymore!
I'm glad that I put him on them.applause
[notify]
Cooper

Coopiepoo!!!

Barked: Fri Mar 14, '08 6:12pm PST 
Our little guys are on Natural Balance too, except for they eat the super premium all life stages small bites variety.
[notify]

Seattle

"I'm Famous"

Barked: Wed Mar 19, '08 4:48pm PST 
All of our dogs are raw fed. If I were to recommend a kibble to a client, I recommend Ziwi Peak.
[notify]
Fig Newton

I am a Princess!

Barked: Sun Mar 23, '08 8:51am PST 
Hi! I eat Ziwi Peak and have been for almost a year now. I LOVE IT! The only problem with it, in my case, is that at first I always seemed to be hungry, then if Mom gave me extra I put on weight. Mom took care of this problem by adding cooked veggies to my meals and it has satisfied my hunger issues. We highly recommend Ziwi Peak.
[notify]
Cash Cope

Barked: Thu Mar 27, '08 2:03pm PST 
Thanks for the suggestions!
Currently, we actually make homecooked meals... Rice with chicken and veggies with supplements. At night, we feed rice and Evanger's wet food (which I'm kinda beginning to think is a little rich for my boys since they're pooing more and it's wet). Cash has been having chronic ear infections (before we even started feeding Evanger's) and I'm not sure if it's the rice that we feed. Any suggestions please/ ideas?
Thanks!
[notify]
Fig Newton

I am a Princess!

Barked: Sun Mar 30, '08 6:51pm PST 
Hi Cash! You are cute! I don't have anything scientific to back it up, but Figgy use to have problems with smelly, itchy, waxy ears. I took her off of chicken and grains and the problem went away. I can't be sure which one was the culprit, but the few times I have given treats with chicken in them, the ear itching comes back pretty quickly. She also seems to lick her feet when she has chicken. Sooo, I am not sure but suspect she has some sensitivity to chicken. Perhaps this could be part of your ear issue? The vet recommended I go through a long drawn out process of giving her an allergy free food the vet recommended for a few months, then adding one item back into her diet at a time for a few months each to determine possible allergens. I have just taken her off chicken and grains like corn, rice, etc, with positive results. I add fiber to her diet with veggies and sweet potato treats.
[notify]
Otis

Barked: Mon Apr 21, '08 12:03pm PST 
Where is that dog food available?
[notify]
Odis V

Barked: Wed Apr 23, '08 1:58pm PST 
My dog didn't have any problems with his dog food..
But i know i shouldn't feed him this dog food, I feed him Ol' Roy,
But know he haves a problem with coilitis and i have to change a few things,
[notify]
Fig Newton

I am a Princess!

Barked: Thu Apr 24, '08 8:38pm PST 
Hi Otis! If you were asking where Ziwi Peak is available, I get it from the regional sales rep, but her site is no longer up and running. You can try to email her and can get her email address on ziwipeak.com, her name is Kathy. If you request samples they usually send a sample of the food as well as a sample of the treats!! Otherwise, you can check the site for stores that may sell it in your area, it is getting more popular where I am on the East coast, but nowhere in my area has it yet. You can also order it from petfooddirect.com, but I didn't have a lot of luck with them. I think your best bet is to find a store somewhere near you that will ship it. Fig loves it!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2